U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 09:35 AM

47 posts, read 64,770 times

Advertisements

I just got a request from my (former) real estate agent to add her to my Linked in profile. I 'm on LinkedIn only because a friend from previous office asked me to,. I don't know anything about it, really.
What benefit to the person who asked, or to me, to accept the request.
I don't have any professional credentials that would impress anybody looking at her profile, and truthfully I wasn't that happy with her representation of me. Example, she forgot the keys to my new house at closing and I had to wait a day to get inside it.
Still, don't want hurt feelings.
Am I over-thinking this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 09:46 AM

26,158 posts, read 15,737,854 times
Thumbs down *

Someone (A friend) invited me to that stupid site and I have TRIED UNSUBSCRIBING 2 TIMES FROM THIER EMAIL! (They have emailed me 2 times reminding me of the invitation) -- I have unsubscribed twice..... TODAY I REPLIED AND SAID

"STOP EMAILING ME,I WONT EVER JOIN YOUR SITE..... I DONT EVEN KNOW <MY FRIENDS NAME> I HAVE TRIED UBSUBSCRIBING TWO TIMES NOW....... Stop emailing me!"

I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THOSE INTRUSIVE SITES..... I am quite angry when someone I know and trust exposes my address to them!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2014, 04:54 PM

10,752 posts, read 18,003,358 times
It is very likely that no one knowingly invited either of you to Linked-In, LI harvests their users contacts and send the requests without the users knowledge or permission.

Spammed by LinkedIn

Old 08-19-2014, 06:54 PM

47 posts, read 64,770 times
Thank you for your replies, I had no idea how sketchy LinkedIn is, and now I can delete that invitation.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:10 AM

Yes thank you NHDave!!!

IF THIS IS TRUE,HOW DID THEY GET MY EMAIL ADDRESS???

Old 08-20-2014, 06:19 AM

10,752 posts, read 18,003,358 times
Someone you know would have joined LI and allowed access to their contacts. Usually easy to figure out who as they are mention in the spam mail. And you think facebook is bad, they don't do anything that other companies aren't doing.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:03 AM

Angry *

No I hate all of them and this shows me how bad it is to be associated with sheep!! (They dont give a rats damn about THIERS or anyones elses privacy (IN THIER CONDITIONED MIND THERE IS NO PRIVACY))

Old 08-20-2014, 10:18 AM

11,815 posts, read 13,959,030 times
And you continue to show how limited your knowledge is of the whole Social Media thing. You should not be giving any advice on these topics.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:32 AM

6,119 posts, read 9,727,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiilySue View Post
I just got a request from my (former) real estate agent to add her to my Linked in profile. I 'm on LinkedIn only because a friend from previous office asked me to,. I don't know anything about it, really.
What benefit to the person who asked, or to me, to accept the request.
I don't have any professional credentials that would impress anybody looking at her profile, and truthfully I wasn't that happy with her representation of me. Example, she forgot the keys to my new house at closing and I had to wait a day to get inside it.
Still, don't want hurt feelings.
Am I over-thinking this?
You're over-thinking it. Just ignore the request.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:46 PM

Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
And you continue to show how limited your knowledge is of the whole Social Media thing. You should not be giving any advice on these topics.
Im very knowlegable!!!

I just asked my friend and they said THEY DID INVITE ME!! - Then they said "The only way they can get your info if if you give it out"

I DIDNT GIVE MY EMAIL ADDRESS TO THEM!!!!!!!!!

THEY GOT IT FROM THEM!!!! -- I DIDNT TELL THEM I KNEW OTHER PEOPLE LISTED IN THE SPAM EMAIL!!

IM SICK OF SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!! (If i didnt care about offending this person,BELIEVE YOU ME I WOULD!!!!!!)

THEY ARE A DANGER TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or