Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 11:23 AM

969 posts, read 2,851,220 times

Advertisements

The scam is in the shipping and how the person who provides the bogus shipper (Fast Line Shippers) wants to use a credit card - "Dean Winters" uses a Fullerton CA Address (which is a townhouse for rent according to a Google search) and a CT phone # (which is a landline also per Google) to a company in Switzerland (who makes nothing that would require the products being requested and who I am sure knows nothing about this) - see below - bold & italics are from scammer:

Thanks for your time and patience for emailing me back and am sending you this E-mail in regards to the pick up and delivery of this unit i have a shipping company that will be picking up the unit from your location and have them shipped to my dealership in Switzerland. Below is the shipping company information.

The freight carrier details are as follows:

Name: Fast Line Shippers
Contact person: Mr Jerry Lucas
Contact Email address: jl.fastlineshippers@mail.com

And the information that the shipping company will request in order to provide you with the shipping charges is

1. The full pick up Location Address
2. Dimension/size
3. The shipping Address See Below

Below is the shipping address where the unit is going to be delivered

D. Winters & Sons, Inc.
Thurgauer Street 40,
8050 Zürich - Oerlikon,
Switzerland

As soon as you hear from them do email me back with the total cost on the shipping and the unit so i can provide my credit card information to run the full charges and get the shipment started.

NB: The shipping company would bring a loading dock or a container to load it in..

And so i will like you to contact the shipping company as soon as you can and send me an email response back with the total cost.I will be looking forward to do a very successful business with you.

Thank You
Dean Winters

1107 Carmel Circle, Fullerton CA, 92833
Ph: 203-302-0118

We have to spread the word on these people to protect the next person. Please pass along. We didn't get burned - but the next person might not be so lucky.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet