U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2014, 12:05 AM

14,547 posts, read 17,901,434 times

Advertisements

Where I live the only 'reliable' fast internet is Suddenlink. I learned the hard way NOT to bundle. I don't use them for tv, just internet and they have this problem on a Friday night of sl0 w i n g down.....

For the seventy plus dollars a month for medium speed, I expect more but there aren't any good choices.

I got an add for a new wireless service called Atlink, starting at 40 dollars a month and claims they have video speed internet. Their towers are new and the first month is free for new subscribers. I'm thinking of trying the first free month at least to see if it lives up to the ad.

They have no contracts and you cancel whenever you want, and you don't have to bundle anything.

They specialize in areas not generally served with rural areas which are usually not served with reliable high speed internet.

My one concern is when I look at my bank or set up payments where I enter my card number I feel more secure with wired internet than wireless.

Any one have feedback on this company and on the security question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 10:55 AM

28,611 posts, read 40,593,270 times
AtLink WiFi - 4 Customer Reviews | Complaints List

Old 08-30-2014, 02:35 PM

5,416 posts, read 8,779,461 times
Found this possible alternative wireless ISP serving NE Oklahoma thru dslreports.com

Atlas Broadband

Are you aware of them ?

BTW, the technology used by these wireless (WiMAX) providers is more secure than your home WiFi.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:57 PM

14,547 posts, read 17,901,434 times
Given the quoted lowest price is only twenty lower than what I'm paying it doesn't sound like an option. Suddenlink does really well here in the internet market because unless you have ATand T broadband were sort of inbetween, literally half way between OKC and Tulsa. The companies who target OKC are iffy and so are the ones targeting Tulsa. We're 'between' Central OK and Northeast OK. I haven't seen anything advertised here for atlas.

Good to know their more secure but if I'm looking at my bank statement I'd rather be on a cable.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 5,888 times
Default Atlink

They do not post there speeds any more they can not maintain thoes speeds, they just offer different priced packages.Been with them quite a few years, you must call them alot

Old 03-27-2016, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 5,486 times
Atlink Internet Service is great. They have several packages to choose from. I currently am on the Gamers package, we have a ps4, ps3, ipad, laptop and 4 smartphones going constantly. Never a problem streamin netflix, playing games online or all 4 of us on our phones. In the 10 months I've had service the tower we feed from has only been down once and it was fixed within 12 hours. I would strongly recommend Atlink Services for people in between choosing Cable, or At&t internet because they have download limits, Atlink does not throttle once you've reached a certain amount of Downloadable content.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:49 PM

1 posts, read 5,455 times
Atlink is horrible. Internet is constantly going down. I literally have to call them on average 1 every 3 days.

They lied to me when I first talked to them about signing up. If I knew then what I know now I never would of canceled my satellite service.

The service is horrible
Speeds are horribly inconsistent
Customer service is horrible

If you actually talk to people who've had experience with them they will tell you the same thing. Don't fall for the fake reviews and forum-social media post.

I've emailed the GM of Atlink several times per his request and he never replied once.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 5,313 times
Default Email response

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanepax23 View Post
Atlink is horrible. Internet is constantly going down. I literally have to call them on average 1 every 3 days.

They lied to me when I first talked to them about signing up. If I knew then what I know now I never would of canceled my satellite service.

The service is horrible
Speeds are horribly inconsistent
Customer service is horrible

If you actually talk to people who've had experience with them they will tell you the same thing. Don't fall for the fake reviews and forum-social media post.

I've emailed the GM of Atlink several times per his request and he never replied once.
I am sorry you have not received an email in response, please email [email]info@atlink.net[/email] with any concerns you may have. Also, please provide what email you are emailing to so that we can find out why your not getting a response.

Thank you for your time.
AtLink

Old 01-16-2017, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,806 times
Default Atlink wireless

Atlink wireless is the most reliable isp we have ever used. Around here there's Vyve which admittedly is faster, but not very reliable. We've had Atlink over 3 years now , and I can count on one hand the number of times they have been down. Their customer service is top notch. I highly recommend them if you are looking for a reliable , dependable isp with superior customer service!

Old 05-25-2018, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,673 times
I've had ATLink for a few years now. When the towers are up, it's a great service. Adequate speed, minimal lag, everything is what could be expected for rural Oklahoma. But their service in the Tulsa area is so unreliable it's ridiculous. I can understand tornadoes or severe weather causing issues, but not cloudy days. It's sprinkling here at the moment, not real rain, but the internet's gone down half a dozen times in the past 3 hours. When it's up, the speed is so slow it's essentially unusable. It took 7 minutes for this page to load. I too have to call every few days complaining about the spotty service. They've always got one excuse after another. But, the only thing reliable about their service is you can rely on it going in to the toilet any time there's cloudy weather. In Oklahoma, that's every week.
I'm a systems engineer with over 20 years experience. I work for a big multinational based in London. I know that it's possible to build a reliable, resilient system. They're everywhere from Macao to the South African Velt. But not in Tulsa. ATLink daisy-chains their towers, which is fine, but they have no redundancy. If one tower has an issue half a dozen or more go down. They don't have alternate routing or, if they do, it sucks. Whoever is in charge of designing and maintaining their system should be fired so they can hire someone who actually knows what he's doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or