U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What internet browser do you use?
Internet Explorer 12 13.19%
Mozilla Firefox 27 29.67%
Google Chrome 35 38.46%
Safari 5 5.49%
Opera 3 3.30%
Other 9 9.89%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 12:11 PM

7,249 posts, read 5,705,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Why cant ya believe it??

IE is excellent... Your listening to all the MSM crap about IE and thats sad.....
IE is in fact a very good browser. I'm with you so far...
Quote:
I use IE6 and I can use CUSTOM CSS on any site I am on... (I can use just about ANY css skin on any site) and I think all IE versions can do this......

Can you do this on Chrome/Safari??
This is insanity. That browser is more than a decade old. It's riddled with dozens of known, unpatched security vulnerabilities. Its CSS support is broken and incomplete.

And you're doing this so you can take advantage of something that every other modern web browser has been able to do for years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 01:21 PM

4,363 posts, read 2,362,351 times
Right now I am using google chrome but I have also used Firefox and Safari.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:24 PM

4,363 posts, read 2,362,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Mainly I use Google Chrome as I have a Chromebook and that is the only browser that I can use on it. So I tend to use on my regular laptop as well.
I have a Chromebook too! My school uses chromebooks all the time. We have applications such as Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Classroom, etc. I like the Google Classroom because once the assignment appears on that app that way I can know ahead of time.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:55 PM
FBJ

39,614 posts, read 51,099,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeekUniverse View Post
i prefer the Comodo Dragon browser for it's security and privacy. SRWare Iron is also good for the same reasons. Comodo Dragon They are Chromium based browsers like Google Chrome but don't track everything you search for as Google chrome does. I like my privacy and don't think Google needs to know every single think I search for or look at. The 2 mentioned above function basically the same as Chrome so if you are used to Chrome then those will be familiar to use. Comodo Dragon is put out by the same company that is a huge supplier of SSL certificates that websites use for security so they are well known for their security.

I will give this a try. Chrome irritates me sometimes

Old 11-10-2014, 08:10 AM

26,158 posts, read 15,737,854 times
Question *

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF
This is insanity. That browser is more than a decade old. It's riddled with dozens of known, unpatched security vulnerabilities. Its CSS support is broken and incomplete.
Why is it insanity??

Because I have my own mind and dont believe the BS about it??

IE6 is a very good browser,fast .. Doesnt spy on you,etc............

Old 11-10-2014, 09:33 AM

24,503 posts, read 35,961,779 times
Quote:
Why is it insanity??

With IE6, Microsoft is not spying on you. The rest of the world is, however.... Due to the lack of any reasonable security measures. Is also not compliant with web standards and not sorted by many websites.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:37 AM

3,046 posts, read 3,175,104 times
I quit using Firefox because I kept getting the "404" message. I went to Chrome ,didn't like it, and ended up with Avant. Seems to do everything I want and haven't had any problems yet.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:50 AM

7,249 posts, read 5,705,717 times
Quote:
Why is it insanity??

As I said before...

It's filled with known, unpatched security holes and doesn't support modern web standards (nor standards from when it was released, for that matter).

Just because you choose to be trapped in the past and reject factual reality doesn't make it "BS."

As for spying on you, I'll take a modern Firefox with Disconnect, Privacy Badger, and HTTPS Everywhere any day over some insecure junk that has been exploited over and over and has known security issues.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:56 AM

4 posts, read 3,137 times
I can not believe that something still uses IE.... guys, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari... all of these browser are much quickly and safely then IE... IE (even IE11) still has many problems with the security with many strange toolbars from the third-party programs... I understand it's very hard to use another browser if you use IE more than 5-10 years... but just try to install another browser and use this browser 1-2 months. You will forget about IE...

As for me I use Firefox (but I want to switch to Chrome).

Old 11-13-2014, 06:39 AM

34,300 posts, read 59,614,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNiko View Post
I can not believe that something still uses IE.... guys, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari... all of these browser are much quickly and safely then IE... IE (even IE11) still has many problems with the security with many strange toolbars from the third-party programs... I understand it's very hard to use another browser if you use IE more than 5-10 years... but just try to install another browser and use this browser 1-2 months. You will forget about IE...

As for me I use Firefox (but I want to switch to Chrome).
I know that is a popular belief, but I use IE11 almost exclusively. It does what I ask, and it doesn't worry me.
Chrome, almost never.
Firefox, daily, as I usually open my MLS there. But, then I go to IE to unlock some functionalities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or