U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What internet browser do you use?
Internet Explorer 12 13.19%
Mozilla Firefox 27 29.67%
Google Chrome 35 38.46%
Safari 5 5.49%
Opera 3 3.30%
Other 9 9.89%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 07:28 AM

3,608 posts, read 4,774,914 times

Advertisements

I went from Netscape to Firefox. About four years ago Firefox was getting too slow and Chrome was much faster, so that's what I'm with now. I'm sure Firefox has gotten better, but I see no reason to switch back. One nice feature with Chrome is that I can sync it between my desktop, laptop, and phone. I have to use IE for certain websites that only work with IE.

The real browser of champions is Links, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 10:18 PM

199 posts, read 225,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I will give this a try. Chrome irritates me sometimes
I am sure you will like it. I have tried just about every major web browser out there and I love this one. Let me know what you think about it. Have a great weekend.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by See Fire View Post
You're welcome. Citrio has Ask as a default search engine, however. I have changed it to the one I've been always using. So now I am completely satisfied.
I have been very busy and haven't had a chance to download it and give it a try but I am going to do that this weekend. If it works out well maybe I can do a review about it on one of my websites. Thanks again

Old 11-14-2014, 10:22 PM
FBJ

39,614 posts, read 51,099,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeekUniverse View Post
I am sure you will like it. I have tried just about every major web browser out there and I love this one. Let me know what you think about it. Have a great weekend.
Looks like another version of Firefox

Old 11-16-2014, 02:02 AM

26,158 posts, read 15,737,854 times
You should try MyIE2 FBJ,its the best of them all.........

It works with either IE or Firefox Engine (Gecko) .. I use it with IE6 (Sometimes I use IE6 directly but usually I use MyIE2)

I tried one time to get it to work with GECKO but I couldnt figure out how to do it!! (I didnt have firefox placed in the same folder maybe,i dunno (Just experienting..... This browser MyIE2 is amazing... I have had this browser MANY YEARS and still finding out new things I didnt know it can do!!))

Old 11-19-2014, 02:44 AM

1,037 posts, read 928,349 times
I had used IE until I started to use Mozilla.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:19 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,187,469 times
Default super fast

I use a browser called 'super fast browser' its a tweaked up version of chrome, yes chrome isnt fast enough for me. I dont know who makes it ,I just stumbled on to it one day and have been using it ever since.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Looks like another version of Firefox
Actually it is nothing close to Firefox. It is a Chromium based browser, just like Google's Chrome browser. Those 2 are similar in functions except if has less crashes (I have had none) than Chrome and is a lot more secure than Chrome. I used to use Firefox exclusively until an update they made changed some things and slowed it down from what I was used to and it started to crash a lot and started showing more bugs. I pretty much used only Firefox from when it first came out until that update happened.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:28 PM
FBJ

39,614 posts, read 51,099,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeekUniverse View Post
Actually it is nothing close to Firefox. It is a Chromium based browser, just like Google's Chrome browser. Those 2 are similar in functions except if has less crashes (I have had none) than Chrome and is a lot more secure than Chrome. I used to use Firefox exclusively until an update they made changed some things and slowed it down from what I was used to and it started to crash a lot and started showing more bugs. I pretty much used only Firefox from when it first came out until that update happened.

I haven;t found anything better than Chrome yet

Old 03-07-2015, 01:20 PM

986 posts, read 1,195,335 times
I been recently using the Slimjet browser. It's like Google Chrome, but faster with a few neat features Chrome doesn't have. Slimjet is now my favorite default browser. So far, it's the fastest internet browser I have ever used! JMHO though!

https://www.google.com/search?q=slim...ser&gws_rd=ssl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or