U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What internet browser do you use?
Internet Explorer 12 13.19%
Mozilla Firefox 27 29.67%
Google Chrome 35 38.46%
Safari 5 5.49%
Opera 3 3.30%
Other 9 9.89%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 06:11 PM

16 posts, read 13,448 times

Advertisements

The internet in its infancy was very limited in the ways you could navigate it, and early on many of us were relegated to the likes of Netscape Navigator.

Nowadays we have more choices. So what browser do you use or do you prefer? Share which one you prefer to use and why. Also, this link here is rather interesting. The market share of internet browsers has been changing rapidly, Internet Explorer is losing ground while Google Chrome and Firefox are gaining ground.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_web_browser

http://www.netmarketshare.com/browse...=2&qpcustomd=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 06:19 PM

199 posts, read 225,281 times
i prefer the Comodo Dragon browser for it's security and privacy. SRWare Iron is also good for the same reasons. Comodo Dragon They are Chromium based browsers like Google Chrome but don't track everything you search for as Google chrome does. I like my privacy and don't think Google needs to know every single think I search for or look at. The 2 mentioned above function basically the same as Chrome so if you are used to Chrome then those will be familiar to use. Comodo Dragon is put out by the same company that is a huge supplier of SSL certificates that websites use for security so they are well known for their security.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeekUniverse View Post
i prefer the Comodo Dragon browser for it's security and privacy. SRWare Iron is also good for the same reasons. Comodo Dragon They are Chromium based browsers like Google Chrome but don't track everything you search for as Google chrome does. I like my privacy and don't think Google needs to know every single think I search for or look at. The 2 mentioned above function basically the same as Chrome so if you are used to Chrome then those will be familiar to use. Comodo Dragon is put out by the same company that is a huge supplier of SSL certificates that websites use for security so they are well known for their security.
Very interesting. I was hoping to learn about new browsers through this thread. Are there any other inherent advantages to using Comodo Dragon?

Old 10-26-2014, 06:41 PM

199 posts, read 225,281 times
Well the 2 main things they developed their browser for was so that people can have increased security and to limit what information a users browser sends to sites they visit. It also has increased stability so it doesn't crash all the time like Chrome is known for. It pretty much operates like Google Chrome and the setting are about the same for most things. I have used just about every major browser out there and this one is my favorite followed by the SRware Iron browser that is similar. I have tested page load times on Comodo Dragon versus Google Chrome and the pages average about a 12-15% faster load time over Chrome so their browser is faster as they claim. Below is the cnet link that has a short review on the browser. If you download it and try it I bet you will like it. I have recommended it to many people and everyone has made it their default browser they use. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Comodo Dragon - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Old 10-26-2014, 07:18 PM

2,828 posts, read 3,671,575 times
I used to like Comodo Dragon until it started having problems with Shockwave Flash and crashing on me occasionally. It seems like each new release presents a challenge with SF. It's a well known issue on the CD forum: https://forums.comodo.com/help-cd-b206.0/

Then I read about the new Maxthon Cloud Browser, downloaded it, and it has performed very well for me so far. It's fast and it's light.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxthon

Old 10-26-2014, 08:44 PM

2,763 posts, read 3,061,257 times
The poll should allow multiple answers...I (and I suspect others) use a few.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
The poll should allow multiple answers...I (and I suspect others) use a few.
I should rephrase the question to which internet browser do you prefer, not use. I'm forced to use Internet Explorer at work and at home for certain programs and websites, but I usually prefer Firefox. However, after reading this thread I'm considering trying these other browsers. Good discussion so far!

Old 10-26-2014, 09:57 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,961,779 times
My primary browser is Chrome. However, on any given day I use 2 or more of the following as well: Firefox, Safari, IE.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:18 AM

26,158 posts, read 15,737,854 times
I mainly use MyIE2 which is an IE add-on (It just uses whatever IE engine you have)

It can also be used with the GECKO engine...

Old 10-27-2014, 01:26 AM

5,626 posts, read 5,245,377 times
AOL on old dial up.

j/k. Chrome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or