U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2014, 02:06 PM

8 posts, read 8,286 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Over the past few years i've created quite a few different g-mail accounts but now when i go to google i can only access one of them .... the first one that i created quite a few years ago. Where did they go and how can i find them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 06:26 AM

10,752 posts, read 18,003,358 times
"i can only access one of them" doesn't tell us much. what happens when you try to access the accounts, any error messages?

Old 11-16-2014, 11:17 AM

24,503 posts, read 35,961,779 times
The only time I've seen accounts shut down is of they were dormant for 9 months.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
The only time I've seen accounts shut down is of they were dormant for 9 months.
They have been dormant for more than 9 months. Does that mean that those gmail addresses are no longer there? Is there any way that i can re-activate them?

Old 11-20-2014, 05:39 PM

837 posts, read 797,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflyskye View Post
Hi,
Over the past few years i've created quite a few different g-mail accounts but now when i go to google i can only access one of them .... the first one that i created quite a few years ago. Where did they go and how can i find them?
According to the thread below, it doesn't sound like Google deletes inactive accounts regularly.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...rs/nTVQGetRuxY

Gmail's sign in page defaults to the one account you use most frequently. To access a second account, you just click on the link below the password box that should say something like "sign in from another account."

Do you remember your gmail username and password info? If so, you go to gmail.com, log out of any accounts you're in, and then when you come to the login page, click "sign in from another account" and a new page will open that allows you to enter your old gmail username and password.

If you don't remember the username or password, the link below gives you some options for trying to locate that info:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8494?hl=en

Old 11-20-2014, 05:42 PM

39,864 posts, read 57,694,079 times
Not sure about gmail, but I have accounts dormant for many years and they are still active.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee,
Minnesota, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
According to the thread below, it doesn't sound like Google deletes inactive accounts regularly.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...rs/nTVQGetRuxY

Gmail's sign in page defaults to the one account you use most frequently. To access a second account, you just click on the link below the password box that should say something like "sign in from another account."

Do you remember your gmail username and password info? If so, you go to gmail.com, log out of any accounts you're in, and then when you come to the login page, click "sign in from another account" and a new page will open that allows you to enter your old gmail username and password.

If you don't remember the username or password, the link below gives you some options for trying to locate that info:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8494?hl=en
Until recently, (i can't remember when exactly), other g-mail addresses would appear below the password box and i'd be able to sign in to other accounts but not now.
I'll use the support link and see what i can find out.
And thanks all for the replies. I'm not on the computer daily but i read all responses.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:48 PM

837 posts, read 797,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflyskye View Post
Until recently, (i can't remember when exactly), other g-mail addresses would appear below the password box and i'd be able to sign in to other accounts but not now.
I'll use the support link and see what i can find out.
And thanks all for the replies. I'm not on the computer daily but i read all responses.
Yeah, for some reason the list of other gmail usernames on my computer includes all the ones I use often (and not so often), but on my friend's machine it only ever saves 1 and she has to click "log in as another user." I'm not sure if this has to do with your browser's cookies settings or if you can go into gmail's settings and ask it to remember ALL your previous logged into usernames.

You can still access your old ones, they shouldn't be deleted, you just need to have the name and password written down or memorized and do it the longer way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or