U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 09:41 PM

2,760 posts, read 2,820,052 times

Advertisements

I am a computer programmer and I see allot of what you are describing in STEM. Basically you work to get money so that you enjoy your life. Why are you getting worked about the name of a product? So what if the new Automatic Systematic System, ASS in short is not a good name ? Why you care ? Take your dollar bill and go home !

Those networking sites like LinkedIn, they are used to get jobs. You go there to advertise yourself, to network looking for better jobs.

If your LI profile says that you are an Employee of such and such firm, then you are expected to represent the firm when asked about it.

Yes, it sounds like you are ready for a different job.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 08:53 AM

9,353 posts, read 16,134,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I am a computer programmer and I see allot of what you are describing in STEM. Basically you work to get money so that you enjoy your life. Why are you getting worked about the name of a product? So what if the new Automatic Systematic System, ASS in short is not a good name ? Why you care ? Take your dollar bill and go home !

Those networking sites like LinkedIn, they are used to get jobs. You go there to advertise yourself, to network looking for better jobs.

If your LI profile says that you are an Employee of such and such firm, then you are expected to represent the firm when asked about it.

Yes, it sounds like you are ready for a different job.....
Because I work with the ASS product and have to explain the name to customers.

Nope, not ready for a different job, not even close. Just new to posting on Twitter and LinkedIn with a personal account showing the company.

Last edited by Mach50; 01-02-2015 at 09:10 AM..

Old 01-02-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
Just so I understand - so basically you are part of the team that manages/monitors your company's twitter feed. And in this example, you're seeing consumers/clients that posts things like "your new product name is lame" or something to that effect?
Not quite, this is my own personal account created to comment on technologies that I use in my field. We share articles, best practices, design and new product features.

Other personal accounts as examples:

https://twitter.com/vmtocloud
https://twitter.com/magander3
https://twitter.com/joerglew

Old 01-02-2015, 09:49 AM

4,589 posts, read 8,194,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
How do they find out? Do these people include in their facebook profile where they work and have coworkers have Facebook friends?
Some do. Other's will post things that clearly connect them to the employer. Or, you post something, then one of your 'friends' re-posts it out to others.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
Some do. Other's will post things that clearly connect them to the employer. Or, you post something, then one of your 'friends' re-posts it out to others.
Most people I work with put "System Architect @company" on their profile for Twitter, Linkedin Groups, Google+ etc.

Example: https://twitter.com/joerglew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or