Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 09:43 AM

638 posts, read 992,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
I keep deceased friends on my Facebook page, in order to remember the happy times I had with them.

To each his/her own.
I guess everyone looks at it and grieves differently. I have did both.....I have unfriended them and I have left them. The ones I have left,I'm finding it very difficult to wish a Happy Birthday,etc. when they're dead. There have also been those where the family deactivated their account and I didn't have to deal with it which I personally think is the best way. Was just curious as to how other people were dealing with it. Thanks for your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I "unfriend" them. I try not to hang onto negative memories (death). I keep my FB with happy, positive things.
I like your positive attitude and way of thinking!

Old 09-01-2015, 07:06 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,198 times
No, you visit them. You look at their pictures. You talk to them.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:05 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,979,764 times
Somewhat on this topic, I do have a question, valuing your opinions without snarkiness :-), about when a family member creates a facebook page for a deceased person, and uses the first person ... for example, the first post was a life event "I died today!" Subsequent postings were "My" this or "My" that or "I" did this or "I" did that.

In your opinion, is this okay or just plain weird?

Old 09-05-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawipafl View Post
Somewhat on this topic, I do have a question, valuing your opinions without snarkiness :-), about when a family member creates a facebook page for a deceased person, and uses the first person ... for example, the first post was a life event "I died today!" Subsequent postings were "My" this or "My" that or "I" did this or "I" did that.

I think it's plain weird😏 and just makes it harder to move on and get over grieving.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:14 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
Facebook doesn't really do much when a user dies. It makes it looks like the user hasn't posted anything in ages.

Old 09-07-2015, 12:25 AM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
I never really considered the FB addicts a part of the living.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:25 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,979,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawipafl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
I think it's plain weird�� and just makes it harder to move on and get over grieving.
I agree Lover of Animals. Glad someone else thinks the same as me :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet