U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 11:48 AM

2,866 posts, read 2,175,098 times

Advertisements

I won't have a problem with that because I am not a social media person. I only have facebook, but for the purpose of playing some game that I have to connect to my facebook to keep it synchronize. I don't need my info to be leaking out on internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 12:05 PM

14,924 posts, read 22,807,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf450ish View Post
A few friends and I were sitting around having a few cold ones and discussing ideas when I perked up and asked how they would respond if their employer told them they had 7 days to quit social media. Cold turkey....painstakingly delete every individual picture and post from their Facebook and instagram and twitter and blah blah blah other social media site and disable their account. Now of course I just thought of the employer as a conversation piece, but could you really do it? My friends claim they could, but I think a couple would have a really hard time. Think back to how you functioned without it before you knew it existed. I have no connections to any social media. You might find really old profiles under the name "crf450ish" if you googled it, but I assure you I am in no way connected to social media at all and I love it. It intrigues me how so many people are addicted to social media.
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

You're trying to manufacture drama.

You do belong to social media.

He's posting on City-Data forums.

Social I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaderOCola View Post
I suppose your comment somehow posted itself, skynet style?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf450ish View Post
To be clear, I am more interested in your ability to quit social media. I sort of figured that the majority of responses to an employer asking one to quit their social media would be "yeah right". COULD YOU DO IT ON YOUR OWN?
Ok. Pretty good clarification. I could. I find that social media is NOT the real world. It's all a self-created egoic picture of the individual.

Many of my very good friends and family members are no where near social media for various reasons. I try to be fairly generic on social media. I'm sick of seeing political / religious-atheist /social issues online.

I could sum up my aim at life with one statement in which many of my friends and family would be oblivious to... "So our troubles, we think, are probably of our own making."

I post pics of my cats on social media. Hard to argue with/take offense to that.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-30-2015 at 12:19 PM..

Old 10-30-2015, 12:39 PM

5,897 posts, read 5,044,592 times
I was take a back last night ,just for the fun of it put my name on the browser and I could 3-4 pages on me and my family.
Really makes you think.
there is nothing secret about any one ,if the world really want's to know.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:50 PM

590 posts, read 544,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

You're trying to manufacture drama.

You do belong to social media.

He's posting on City-Data forums.

Social I.

Ok. Pretty good clarification. I could. I find that social media is NOT the real world. It's all a self-created egoic picture of the individual.

Many of my very good friends and family members are no where near social media for various reasons. I try to be fairly generic on social media. I'm sick of seeing political / religious-atheist /social issues online.

I could sum up my aim at life with one statement in which many of my friends and family would be oblivious to... "So our troubles, we think, are probably of our own making."

I post pics of my cats on social media. Hard to argue with/take offense to that.

First thing in bold: No, I'm not. Thats your assumption, which you are entitled to.

Second thing in bold: I understand city data is a form of social media, not social media in the popular sense.

Third thing in bold: I totally agree with you! Isn't it funny how you never ever read about or see someone posting something negative about their lives? I mean come on! Not everything about ones life is glamorous and awesome. It's a culture of fake....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or