U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 06:12 PM

4,286 posts, read 13,510,606 times

Advertisements

Ok, in a medicated state of mind, I admit...I uploaded some videos of me from my phone.
Get minds out of the gutter. They were actually progression of an illness videos to save for when (hopefully) I get better to use as a part of a journal about the journey.

I uploaded to You Tube, deleted off phone.
I do not want to save or share them on other social media.

I want to delete them from YouTube but save them on my computer? Or someplace that if I am Googled they don't pop up.

I really don't understand how to use YouTube aside from watching music videos.

Can someone please walk me through saving or sending them somewhere else so I can then delete them from my channel?

Please don't tell me to Google for instruction, I already did that and used Help on YouTube with no luck.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 06:47 PM

2,563 posts, read 2,871,944 times
I've never looked, but I think there's a program or app available that will let you save YouTube videos to your computer. Just poke around online a little bit.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
I've never looked, but I think there's a program or app available that will let you save YouTube videos to your computer. Just poke around online a little bit.
I did poke around, ha...that's what I meant when I said I Googled. I can't believe YouTube just doesnt have a "download to computer" option.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:03 PM

Friend sent me this and it works great, just in case someone else has the same question.

YTD Video Converter

Old 09-28-2015, 06:14 PM

13,322 posts, read 20,368,637 times
Firefox has add-ons that will download the videos.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:46 PM

24 posts, read 17,076 times
ClipGrab - Free YouTube Downloader & Converter
will allow you to grab video *and only audio if you choose, from just about any webpage

Old 02-16-2016, 03:46 PM

25,952 posts, read 42,477,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Please don't tell me to Google for instruction, I already did that and used Help on YouTube with no luck.
YouTube does not provide a way to download a video.

A very easy way to save a YouTube video is to display the video on your computer and then put DLV just before the YouTube url.

So if the video url is (see below window)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzNaefhlW_4

make it

https://www.dvl youtube.com/watch?v=yzNaefhlW_4

and press return.

A window will pop up and ask what resolutions you want, I just select the top one

then a download window opens, select where you want to save it.

I have used this several, many times...

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 02-16-2016 at 03:55 PM..

Old 02-17-2016, 07:34 AM

5,894 posts, read 4,417,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
YouTube does not provide a way to download a video.

A very easy way to save a YouTube video is to display the video on your computer and then put DLV just before the YouTube url.

So if the video url is (see below window)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzNaefhlW_4

make it

https://www.dvl youtube.com/watch?v=yzNaefhlW_4

and press return.

A window will pop up and ask what resolutions you want, I just select the top one

then a download window opens, select where you want to save it.

I have used this several, many times...
That didn't work. You sure you typed that in correctly?

Old 02-17-2016, 07:53 AM

1,294 posts, read 630,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Ok, in a medicated state of mind, I admit...I uploaded some videos of me from my phone.
Get minds out of the gutter. They were actually progression of an illness videos to save for when (hopefully) I get better to use as a part of a journal about the journey.

I uploaded to You Tube, deleted off phone.
I do not want to save or share them on other social media.

I want to delete them from YouTube but save them on my computer? Or someplace that if I am Googled they don't pop up.

I really don't understand how to use YouTube aside from watching music videos.

Can someone please walk me through saving or sending them somewhere else so I can then delete them from my channel?

Thank you.
Sounds like you got it figured out, but in any case:

KeepVid has worked great for me in the past. I hope you get better and in the future, don't keep your phone on you when you're on medications. Especially not if they don't medicate you strong enough to prevent accidents like this.

But anyhow, several options:

If you wanna use your Android Phone:

1. Install TubeMate. Don't download it from 4shared or any sketchy source like that. A good number of Android malware has been popping up in the recent history. Go to TubeMate YouTube Downloader 2.2.6 - Official Website and choose a download link there.

2. Find your video view the TubeMate browser (search your username) or alternatively send a link to yourself and open the link in TubeMate.
Downloading the video here is straightforward. Just make sure you save it as the highest possible quality to preserve the original video quality to the best of your ability.

3. Login to YouTube once you've downloaded the video and confirmed it to be working. I can't remember exactly where it is, but there'll be a tool called Video Manager or something of the sort on your channel. You can use that to delete videos.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:17 AM

15,208 posts, read 10,718,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
That didn't work. You sure you typed that in correctly?

Use...DLV....

https://www.dlvyoutube.com/watch?v=tBrnNdR7teE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or