U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 07:45 PM

40,169 posts, read 41,775,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

The city-data one just got flagged when I clicked that link above to see it.... ITS BIGGER THAN IT SHOULD BE...... (I had to take the sites IP out of my firewalls rules (It had city-data blocked))
From your favorites menu drag the link to your desktop, now you know the reason for the different sizes. Icons have evolved substantially since the Win95 days to take advantage of the higher resolution screens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 07:32 AM

26,158 posts, read 15,733,453 times
Hmmmmmm maybe your right buddy..... (I didnt think of different screen sizes)

Ah man!!

Old 10-08-2015, 04:36 PM

28,607 posts, read 40,583,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawipafl View Post
This is the favicon I see in my bookmarks list and is also what pops up if I click on the URL link thecoalman gave ...

I cannot imagine what the heck my computer is doing. BUT this is so minor, this wrong favicon, unless it's an indicator that my computer is showing the first symptoms of illness. Great.
Since no one else seemed to figure it out for you: CD changed their favicon - there's nothing wrong with your computer.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:10 PM

4,243 posts, read 12,761,410 times
Thank you Tek_Freek ... figured it was my computer since a Q didn't seem to have anything to do with City-Data. Now, if only I could figure out if it's my computer or google maps that changed its face today.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:38 PM

4,929 posts, read 4,212,052 times
Quote:
Thank you Tek_Freek ... figured it was my computer since a Q didn't seem to have anything to do with City-Data. Now, if only I could figure out if it's my computer or google maps that changed its face today.
Google Maps changed its look today.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:32 PM

That "Q" is the end of a magnifying glass. Adding the entire handle would have been tough.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:51 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,006,027 times
My web browser, Chrome, has been switching between the two lately. It had the new logo earlier today, but now it's back to the old one.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
That "Q" is the end of a magnifying glass. Adding the entire handle would have been tough.
Well, so it is! A magnifying glass does make better sense than a Q, although the more I think about it, Q for "Questions" makes sense since city-data is all about information and answers.

PeachSalsa - thank you for letting me know google maps did change.

When the looks of things change without warning nor explanation, I can't help but be a bit paranoid that my computer is going to croak on me as if it can't interpret code very well anymore. Even though I back up my folders to an external drive often, replacing my computer isn't an expense I want to shell out at the moment. So, when the Q/magnifying glass favicon appeared out of nowhere and then google maps top left box for address input changed to occupying the entire left 1/3 of my screen (and most of it white space), I thought oh no a blue screen of death is coming soon. Thrilled to know that ain't happenin'!

Old 10-09-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Well, so it is! A magnifying glass does make better sense than a Q, although the more I think about it, Q for "Questions" makes sense since city-data is all about information and answers.

PeachSalsa - thank you for letting me know google maps did change.

When the looks of things change without warning nor explanation, I can't help but be a bit paranoid that my computer is going to croak on me as if it can't interpret code very well anymore. Even though I back up my folders to an external drive often, replacing my computer isn't an expense I want to shell out at the moment. So, when the Q/magnifying glass favicon appeared out of nowhere and then google maps top left box for address input changed to occupying the entire left 1/3 of my screen (and most of it white space), I thought oh no a blue screen of death is coming soon. Thrilled to know that ain't happenin'!
Um, mine doesn't do that. Still just a single line at the top left. Firefox v41.0 here.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Um, mine doesn't do that. Still just a single line at the top left. Firefox v41.0 here.
On both IE11 and Firefox31.0 I get this ... (I input a random address)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or