Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 12:51 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,321 times

Advertisements

Guys any of you has a stable blog with good revenue??

I mean how do you make money??

Adsense??

Are there any other methods??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 04:47 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,821,410 times
I have wondered this myself. I have googled "make money blogging" and lots of websites tell you how, but it'd be nice to hear from people if it's working, and the best ways. It is hard to get money for information because all info is free all over the web.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:34 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,590,729 times
A lot of bloggers who've been blogging for awhile target aspiring/newer bloggers "who want to be like them", and then they'll coach those aspiring bloggers. I know this sounds judgmental but: This is probably the most uninspiring business model on earth, but it's the way things are in the blogging world. Same dealio with life coaches, in my humble opinion. Coaches training aspiring coaches who will in turn train aspiring coaches, it's endless.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:36 PM

Then there's also affiliate marketing via blogs, aka "aff marketing". The king is supposedly Zac Johnson. He comes off as nice, a family guy, down to earth but I can't say for certain as I've never met the man. Listen to his podcast appearances and judge for yourself.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:44 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
One of my clients is into blogging. They make a lot money off of advertising. Primarily Google/Doubleclick ads.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:13 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
If you want to make money on an informational website/blog or whatever you need to be able to attract people to your site. That includes knowing your topic well and having something that is not covered ad nauseum. There is six gazillion sites out there that will tell you how to design a web site many of which are going to cover the same exact thing, if you don't have something new or interesting to bring to the table you can join the 99.99999% of them making very little money. You also need to consider what kind of ads your site will attract, tech sites for example attract tech ads which typically pay bottom of the barrel.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:15 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If you want to make money on an informational website/blog or whatever you need to be able to attract people to your site. That includes knowing your topic well and having something that is not covered ad nauseum. There is six gazillion sites out there that will tell you how to design a web site many of which are going to cover the same exact thing, if you don't have something new or interesting to bring to the table you can join the 99.99999% of them making very little money. You also need to consider what kind of ads your site will attract, tech sites for example attract tech ads which typically pay bottom of the barrel.
It'll be a blog about economy/demographics and sometimes related topics.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:56 PM

If you're good at social media, I heard about something called the Facebook Audience Network, which, from what little I understand, is the Facebook equivalent of Google's AdSense. Facebook Audience Network isn't new but I admit I just heard about it.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:54 PM

22 posts, read 18,619 times
I think it depends on the type of blog that you are dealing. Interesting topics that the people like to go through make your rank high. There are a lot of blogs and web sites around you. It is hard to grab attention to make money as competition is very high here. Some say, blogs on dating site do brisk business.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:27 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,532,419 times
I was going to post a similar topic. Right now I'm looking at ways to supplement my income. I've looked at everything from vending machines to blogging to web design. My goal is get a good return on the time I spend, whatever time that may be. It would make sense that the vast majority of blogs make next to nothing so I'm assuming if you really want to make money you better blog about something really interesting or else it'll be a waste of time. I'd probably blog about something to do with finances, being an accountant. Unfortunately I'm not an expert at any one thing and accountants like me are a dime a dozen. There's no way I can be a "life coach" or anything like that. Does anyone have a money making blog? What do you write about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet