U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 03:10 PM

11,319 posts, read 22,732,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
LOL, Right?!?! What's the big deal??
If that slows your computer down...it's time for a new computer.
It's certainly not a privacy risk so I have ZERO clue why Dude111 cares.
If an animation slows your computer down, you have a REALLY old computer.

My 12 year old laptops and newer netbooks still don't care what Google does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 06:23 PM

47 posts, read 29,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
Took me a while to figure out the easiest way to get rid of those %!#@#$ google animated doodles...
There's a userscript called Remove Google doodles (Stop the doodle madness!): https://greasyfork.org/scripts/22231

Old 10-17-2016, 07:01 PM

26,158 posts, read 15,733,453 times
Angry *

I hate it when google does this!!!!!

Whenever they put one of those stupid things on it I use a different GOOGLE domain (Either google.im or www.google.ac)

Old 10-18-2016, 08:39 AM

11,815 posts, read 13,954,365 times
WHY????? My god, man WHY???????

Old 11-07-2016, 12:34 AM

2,056 posts, read 2,546,727 times
Why? Because it's up to US to decide whether or not to put up w/ those annoying things. I can't believe anyone actually likes them, the internet is full of fixes to get rid of them, so a lot of people are plenty PO's about the whole thing. I swear, it's pitiful to see how people just lay down and let corporations run their lives.

The larger problem is that it is just another example of why google has turned into a horrible company. They force things onto people regardless of whether or not they want the changes and give them no way to put things like they want them, they spy on people's emails!!!, their search engine is ridiculously inept these days and is designed to get to you to their advertiser's websites first, then give you actual honest search results, they sell your private data, they sell your search history, they sell even your email results and send you targeted ads based on what SHOULD be your private email communications, and on and on.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:48 AM

11,815 posts, read 13,954,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
Why? Because it's up to US to decide whether or not to put up w/ those annoying things.
It's not up to us. We don't own Google. But we use all kinds of free services they give us.

Quote:
I can't believe anyone actually likes them, the internet is full of fixes to get rid of them, so a lot of people are plenty PO's about the whole thing. I swear, it's pitiful to see how people just lay down and let corporations run their lives.
Really? You just can't believe it?
Unscientific poll:
Google "Love Google Doodles" 2.1 M results.
Google "Hate Google Doodles" .9 million.
So almost 2 to 1, people love them.
And, of course, people complain WAY more they they praise... so yea... LOTS of people like Doodles.

Quote:
The larger problem is that it is just another example of why google has turned into a horrible company.
Then go somewhere else.
Here's some private email for you:
https://protonmail.com/
Here's a private search engine for you:
https://duckduckgo.com/

Google doesn't owe you anything. You aren't entitled to anything the company offers... it amazes me how people get so mad at Google because they don't do things the way they want them to. No one is forcing you to use it. But it must be pretty great if so many people WANT to.

Quote:
They force things onto people regardless of whether or not they want the changes and give them no way to put things like they want them
Name a compnay that doesn't make an unpopular change some times? Apple does it CONSTANTLY.

Quote:
, they spy on people's emails!!!,
What are you hiding? They spy... to sell you stuff. OMG THE HORROR!

Quote:
their search engine is ridiculously inept these days
You know its' still the best...

Quote:
and is designed to get to you to their advertiser's websites first, then give you actual honest search results
This hasn't changed since day 1. And they've always done it the exact same way CLEARLY showing you what is sponsored and what is not. Unlike Yahoo that starts the organic results damn near at the bottom of the page.

Quote:
they sell your private data,
No, they don't.

Quote:
they sell your search history,
Nope...

Quote:
they sell even your email results and
Still nope...

Quote:
send you targeted ads based on what SHOULD be your private email communications, and on and on.
This they do. This they do not hide from you. This they make you are aware of.
You want private email? You have options. If you're that concerned about privacy, you should use something else.
Personally if I need to do something privately, I find other ways to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet