U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 05:59 AM

645 posts, read 1,303,227 times

Advertisements

Can you be a guide for some of us who are interested?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 10:40 AM

243 posts, read 157,014 times
I've bought one thing from Esty, and it was of such very poor quality I've not bought anything else from them. They continue to spam me daily too.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:41 AM

645 posts, read 1,303,227 times
Oh

Old 05-23-2016, 05:45 PM

870 posts, read 727,204 times
Yes -- vintage wristwatches, which I collect.

Ebay is much faster but you will earn more with Etsy, if you are not in a hurry. I've had watches sell on Etsy for about 30% to 50% more than Ebay. In other words, I get their true value, rather than Ebay's low-ball offers. (I do like to Buy watches on Ebay though. )

Old 05-23-2016, 06:02 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,992,710 times
I also sell on Etsy - vintage supply (prints, ephemera, and old paper for paper crafters).
lifesprecious09 did you have a particular question about selling on Etsy?

MsVaslovik I'm sorry you had a bad experience with one of the sellers on Etsy. If they are spamming you daily, you can report them to Etsy through Customer Service.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:40 AM

11,815 posts, read 13,954,365 times
I'm betting, like many people, MsVaslovik missed the checkbox when signing up that said :PLEASE SEND ME EMAIL ETSY.
She just needs to unsubscribe.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:33 AM

26,158 posts, read 15,733,453 times
Thumbs down *

I got a couple things off there.... People selling on there DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE SELLING!!!! (Either that or its deceptive advertising (on purpose))

I ordered a VHS movie one time and they said "OH THIS IS THE FIRST RELEASE OF THE MOVIE... ITS WONDERFUL" -- I got it and it wasnt!!

Bloody idiots......... Ya gotta look closely when ordering stuff online as MOST PEOPLE DONT CARE WHAT THEY HAVE TO DO to make a sale.......

Old 09-22-2016, 02:14 PM

920 posts, read 1,757,787 times
I've had a store on Etsy for two years now, and I do quite well with it- I sell retro 1950s sarcastic pin back buttons/magnets. I've also purchased a few things from Etsy as well, and I honestly had only one issue with a seller, and that's because it took them two weeks to actually get something in the mail to me- otherwise, no problems whatsoever-

I like to know that for the most part, I'm sort of...'buying local'--I know people get some of their items that I've purchased (such as some small, plastic bubble envelope mailers and small charms) from out of the country, but at the same time they are trying to 'get by', you know?

I don't see Etsy as being anything like Ebay, Etsy is more of a ...craft store type setup, as opposed to a...swapmeet type, like I think of Ebay as being.

Personally, I really do enjoy it, lol - I don't think I can put my shop addy in here, but if you like you can msg me, or if you have any q.s about Etsy, maybe I could help answer them.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:48 AM

2,056 posts, read 2,546,727 times
I tried, but nothing sold. The same stuff zipped away on eBait, whom I hate, but that's where the buyers and sellers are.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:36 PM

933 posts, read 519,918 times
Spent $5 listing stuff over the holidays once - not only didn't anything sell - hardly got any views. Waste.

Ebay sold a few things years ago but so much hassle - Ebay itself is a nighmare - kept asking for verifications and wanting my phone number which is then gives to all its "business partners" per the terms of use - pretty much all of India and Asia then - LOL and then had a fight with them because a buyer claimed something had a tiny mark or something not described and they either wanted me to let her keep it as a present with me eating the shipping or pay her to ship it back to me which she didn't want to do because she liked it. Never again.

My daughter uses Tradesy and sold a couple things there - very slow though but she liked dealing with them until recently when they raised their commission by like another 5% or so and now the daughter isn't so happy with them anymore - LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet