Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 08:54 PM

570 posts, read 1,285,851 times

Advertisements

I put a short video I made from an old home movie on my Blog (blogspot.com) several years ago and now I want to down load it back to my PC.
When I signed into my account and went to edit the old post it just has the following code:
<object class="BLOG_video_class" contentid="fd61c34a983e9ac3" height="266" id="BLOG_video-fd61c34a983e9ac3" width="320">
</object>
How can I download the actual Video back to my Computer?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 01:48 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,467,804 times
Haven't tried it myself but this may work and they have a trial version. It was a free giveaway a couple of weeks back. I was tempted do try it but thought to myself I really don't have much need for something like this. I already have one that works with youtube and some of those are freeware.

Fast Video Downloader

I think all you need is a URL. It's supposed to work with many sites.

Old 01-03-2017, 02:33 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Try searching you temporary internet files folder for fd61c34a983e9ac3.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Try searching you temporary internet files folder for fd61c34a983e9ac3.
Coalman, I don't see any temporary internet files on my PC
I clicked on Tools / Internet Options/ Browsing History / Settings/ View Files and all that I see are 5 items......
(2) favicon.ico
(2) cookie:@ieonline.microsoft.com
and (1) suggestions.en-US

I remember many years ago, I used to do what you said to find files, images or music from my temporary internet files folder but that was when I was using XP (I think ?)

Old 01-04-2017, 02:38 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,467,804 times
BrowsingHistoryView - View browsing history of your Web browsers

You get a list, right click the file to open, save, copy etc.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStraw View Post
Coalman, I don't see any temporary internet files on my PC
I clicked on Tools / Internet Options/ Browsing History / Settings/ View Files and all that I see are 5 items......
(2) favicon.ico
(2) cookie:@ieonline.microsoft.com
and (1) suggestions.en-US

I remember many years ago, I used to do what you said to find files, images or music from my temporary internet files folder but that was when I was using XP (I think ?)

Unless you have something cleaning them on exit there should be 100's of MB's of them.

Try this, go to My Computer and in the address bar paste this, replace username with yours.

C:\Users\Username\AppData

Try the search then, once you start the search under options make sure "all subfolders" is checked.

-------

It may not show up, depends.... But there is other ways.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Unless you have something cleaning them on exit there should be 100's of MB's of them.

Try this, go to My Computer and in the address bar paste this, replace username with yours.

C:\Users\Username\AppData

Try the search then, once you start the search under options make sure "all subfolders" is checked.

-------

It may not show up, depends.... But there is other ways.
Coalman, you've lost me!!!
"My Computer" ?? I see "Computer Shortcut" on my Desktop. Is that the same?
"in the address bar paste this, replace username with yours. C:\Users\Username\AppData"
"Username" ??? I don't have one!
Never even got this far ---> "Try the search then, once you start the search under options make sure "all subfolders" is checked".
Sorry...... right now I'm feeling very stupid!!!

Old 01-08-2017, 03:06 PM

"My Comouter, "File explorer" or whatever the name is for how you browse files on your computer.

"username" is whatever your windows username login is when you turn it on.

Once you hit the search the options for the search including searching sub folders should be viewable.

Thes directions are for Win10, they be slightly different for a different Windows version.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
"My Comouter, "File explorer" or whatever the name is for how you browse files on your computer.

"username" is whatever your windows username login is when you turn it on.

Once you hit the search the options for the search including searching sub folders should be viewable.

Thes directions are for Win10, they be slightly different for a different Windows version.
I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium and when I turn it on, I do not have to log in with a "username". It just comes on.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:51 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Or...if the blog still exist, and the video is on it...right click>download video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet