Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 08:54 PM

3,071 posts, read 1,994,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
it was driving me nuts. I've been searching for it since...this was a tough one! I love a good mystery.

Im a dance teacher hence deal with tons of music...I asked 1000000 people about it.
Lol. Dance teacher sounds lovely! But, teaching 1,000,000 students... wow, you must have tired feet!

You'd be awesome to shop with... I dislike shopping with a passion, so get frustrated & bail easily. It can sometimes take 4 different days to find shoes or whatever else I need. I wish you could come with me. You wouldn't let me quit 'til I found my shoes on the 1st trip!

Thank you again, LLC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Wanna treat? Start the video here then click on the YouTube link so it plays there.

Do you mean the double drum? Sounds like some neighbors I've had.

Old 06-03-2018, 11:47 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Yes. Really interesting sound.

Old 06-03-2018, 11:52 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
I don't get it either. And, btw, I've never found one song with any app, even when searching for something I'm not interested in, but am just using a very popular song as a test. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, although the apps don't seem that complex.
I played the video at about 2:30 to 2:55 and Soundhound identified it. On my laptop with SH held next to the speakers. I did try it at the beginning of the song, but SH misidentified it. It needed more than the beat. The area it recognized has some voice as well and I think that did it.

The first time it found Depression and Obsession by XXXTENTACION.

Last edited by Tek_Freek; 06-03-2018 at 12:23 PM..

Old 06-04-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I played the video at about 2:30 to 2:55 and Soundhound identified it. On my laptop with SH held next to the speakers. I did try it at the beginning of the song, but SH misidentified it. It needed more than the beat. The area it recognized has some voice as well and I think that did it.

The first time it found Depression and Obsession by XXXTENTACION.
Haha. Seems that we need to be perform Mission Impossible like stunts to identify songs via apps. Although, I suppose many songs have similar beats, notes... with a database of thousands, I suppose it's not an easy job. However, D&O doesn't sound much like the other.

Maybe once the robots, driverless vehicles & drones take over the world, they'll have perfected the task.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet