U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2017, 11:07 AM

1,726 posts, read 985,711 times

Advertisements

For those who have multiple social media accounts like Facebook, instagram, snapchat, twitter and whatever else is out there that I am not familiar with. How do you decide where to post what? I see some people make multiple post of same thing & that seems redundant. Few years ago it was bit more clear with snapchat for sharing things with friends, Instagram to share art/great photo of life, twitter share thoughts

But as these social media becomes popular, more people are signing up on them creating the facebook effect where everyone & their grandma is on so no one wants to post anything but share news and mems. All the social media's are merging technology too, like Instagram and Facebook has 24 hour story now.

Just curious how everyone is using their social media account. How do you decide what goes on which media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 07:37 AM

9,738 posts, read 11,723,690 times
Facebook for posting fr friends and family.
Really only use Twitter to read and only post usually to complain or compliment a company or organization.

Old 12-06-2017, 03:02 PM

4,741 posts, read 3,040,054 times
I'm not sure about Snapchat, but you can link Instagram and Twitter up to Facebook so that if you post in those media outlets, it automatically posts in Facebook. That seemed to work, well and good until I needed to chat with customer service with my cell company and all of my messages to them were being posted on Facebook.

Old 12-06-2017, 03:04 PM

16,739 posts, read 11,970,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I see some people make multiple post of same thing & that seems redundant.
That's why I only use Facebook. I used to use Instagram for photos because of their photo filters, but then it turned into something else entirely so I quit.

Old Today, 10:17 PM

1,726 posts, read 985,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I'm not sure about Snapchat, but you can link Instagram and Twitter up to Facebook so that if you post in those media outlets, it automatically posts in Facebook. That seemed to work, well and good until I needed to chat with customer service with my cell company and all of my messages to them were being posted on Facebook.
I see the link and that doesn't make sense to me. Why use twitter & instagram and then have it linked to Facebook. Why not just post on Facebook directly. I see people link post, I wonder why?? Seems more work

I was under the impression each of those were for different audience. Like Snapchat is to share crazy moments with close friends or family that u don't want to share with everyone. Instagram was to share your artsy photo or creative part of life. Something worth posting/sharing. Twitter like instagram to share important thoughts with the world. While Facebook is to share things with alll family/friends/coworker... for all who know u to see.

But it seems too much work & I guess I don't mind sharing everything with everyone on fb then run around in different media. I still don't understand how people differentiate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet