Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2018, 07:37 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,200 times

Advertisements

Whenever I upload a video to youtube, set it to public, and publish it, it never shows up when I do a search for it.

Sometimes I am out with people and I do not have all the links to my videos, and if I want to show a video to someone, and they do a youtube search, it doesn't show up in the search results. Now I give them the exact title, and it still doesn't show up in the search results.

For example, one of my videos is called "James Bond: Do Not Go there", and if you search for it, a lot of James Bond stuff will come up, but no James Bond videos with that title will come up and that is the exact title.

Another video of mine is called "How To Get Someone's Attention", and if you type that into youtube and search it, no video with that title will come up either.

So why won't my videos come up in youtube if I type in the exact title, and is there anything I can do so that will happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 02:02 AM

4 posts, read 1,529 times
Google for "SEO for Youtube Video".
You will surely get some leads.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:29 PM

651 posts, read 416,077 times
Default Do you mean this clip?

You should wait some time while your clip is indexed with YouTube and other search engines.

I don't think that to give your clips usual names is a good idea. There are thousands of clips about James Bond and psychology. Try to do an interesting thing although not mainstream but interesting for a group of people.

Don't forget to add translations to German, France, Spanish etc and your clip will get more likes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUyk8p--BZU

Old 12-18-2018, 05:08 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,200 times
See how did you find it, I can't even find it when searching for it.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:10 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Toms View Post
Google for "SEO for Youtube Video".
You will surely get some leads.
Did you follow this advice yet?

Old 12-19-2018, 10:12 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUyk8p--BZU

First search did not find it.

James Bond: Do Not Go there

Second search found it

"James Bond: Do Not Go there"

Old 01-08-2019, 06:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,699 times
I don’t have any trouble finding mine doing this. But, it is difficult to find my channel searching for it. I have a video I posted years ago under a different channel that I can find by entering the exact name( which includes numbers). You might try adding numbers at the end.

Do you have YT studio? You can add numbers to the title and see if it helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet