Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2008, 09:50 AM

115 posts, read 366,400 times

Advertisements

I'm getting a icon on my bottom address bar that reads: "Cannot Log In to Mailbox (12037) the Server's Certificate is Invalid." This notice seems to have replaced my gmail notifier over night. What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Also, can a person have more than one e-mail account with gmail and if so, how do you set it up? The account info in gmail is confusing to me. For instance POP. What the heck is POP? Anyway, thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Hollow View Post
I'm getting a icon on my bottom address bar that reads: "Cannot Log In to Mailbox (12037) the Server's Certificate is Invalid." This notice seems to have replaced my gmail notifier over night. What does this mean and how do I fix it?
I answered this question in your other thread.

Quote:
Also, can a person have more than one e-mail account with gmail and if so, how do you set it up?
Yes, but if you access Gmail over the web, you can only be logged in to one Gmail account at a time. The way to switch between accounts is to log out of one and log into the other, using the username and password.

Quote:
The account info in gmail is confusing to me. For instance POP. What the heck is POP?
POP is Post Office Protocol. If you access your email with a piece of software like Outlook or Thunderbird, that software would use POP to retrieve the mail from your Gmail account. Also, if you use (or want to use) your Gmail account to automatically retrieve the mail from some other account, then Gmail would use POP to connect to that other account and pull the mail over. If you don't want to do either of those things, then you don't have to worry about POP (or another method of doing the same thing called IMAP).

Old 06-04-2008, 11:52 AM

115 posts, read 366,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I answered this question in your other thread.

Yes, but if you access Gmail over the web, you can only be logged in to one Gmail account at a time. The way to switch between accounts is to log out of one and log into the other, using the username and password.

POP is Post Office Protocol. If you access your email with a piece of software like Outlook or Thunderbird, that software would use POP to retrieve the mail from your Gmail account. Also, if you use (or want to use) your Gmail account to automatically retrieve the mail from some other account, then Gmail would use POP to connect to that other account and pull the mail over. If you don't want to do either of those things, then you don't have to worry about POP (or another method of doing the same thing called IMAP).
Thanks Bowie! I noticed too late that I put my question on the wrong thread. I did see your other answer, thanks again!

Old 08-30-2008, 11:22 AM

10 posts, read 51,799 times
Default i think ...

YOU MAY hav spywar or u either may hav enabled a security wich gmail dosen't suport , try a spywar scan..or format your Hard Disc but this mean to lose all the Windows update
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet