Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 11:17 AM

283 posts, read 1,384,369 times

Advertisements

I have runned trend micro antivirus and spyware. But I still getting pop-ups by internet speed moniter. I can't get rid of it. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 12:37 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,373,512 times
Install avast which is an anti-virus ultility and handles pop-up's very well. There are others, but this is easy.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:09 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,166,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
I have runned trend micro antivirus and spyware. But I still getting pop-ups by internet speed moniter. I can't get rid of it. Any recommendations?
Internet Speed Monitor is a P.I.T.A pop-up producer. Check Add\Remove Programs in the Control Panel and uninstall it.

If that doesn't work, open Windows Explorer and browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files and open it. In there you should see a folder Named ISM. Try running the uninstaller from that folder.

If the folder remains, delete it. Delete all the files in your prefetch folder too.

Then do a search for a file called bndloader.dll. Delete it otherwise it will keep reinstalling it self.

After all that, download a program called SpywareBlaster (SpywareBlaster). It will run silently in he background and keep these types of programs from ever installing on your machine. All you have to do to it is run the updater every week or two. Another handy program is called Spybot (The home of Spybot-S&D!). Install it, run the updater and scan your PC for any other unwanted programs. This too will need updating every so often. The best thing about both of these programs is they are totally free.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:47 PM

2 posts, read 22,927 times
Default Internet Speed Monitor

I have this same problem. I had tried the methods you have suggested but I was unable to find any such files. I have also ran the Hijack This program to try to locate the problem, but I am unsure which files to remove. Any thoughts?

Old 11-28-2007, 05:27 AM

1 posts, read 18,642 times
Default internet speed monitor

I am having the same problem and see none of the files listed. I have run numerous anti-spyware and anivirus. Nothing seems to be helping! Please help.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:33 AM

197 posts, read 798,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue2 View Post
I am having the same problem and see none of the files listed. I have run numerous anti-spyware and anivirus. Nothing seems to be helping! Please help.
You may have to delve into the registry and delete any incidences of the Internet Monitor program in question. This should get rid of the pop-ups. I know this works for programs running Oracle. If there is one Oracle program resident on your pc the other one won't install correctly.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:55 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
sam23 is correct. You'll need to do a regedit. But be VERY careful; you can really screw up your computer for good by going in there. You need to know what to get rid of.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 18,063 times
i had the same problem and it was driving me nuts!!!! I looked in add remove programs and there it was!!!!! removed it and gone

Old 12-06-2007, 09:17 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Sometime you have to start your computer in safety mode, that stops the pop ups so you can disable the offending program. I had something install on my computer and it would not allow me to delete it from the add/remove menu until I did this.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 10,491 times
I just had the same infection and solved the problem by goin to ADD REMOVE programs and removing it first....then rebooted in safe mode, then I went to START, ALL PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, SYSTEM TOOLS, SYSTEM RESTORE and restored to the day prior. Everything works great. Not sure if I actually had to remove it first or not, but I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet