Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 10:27 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times

Advertisements

I am looking for nice, professional looking, high quality website templates to use for a business.

I have googled "free web templates" etc., and most of the free ones are pretty uninspired looking. I am willing to pay a nominal fee (under $30) for a good one.

Does anybody have any recommendations of any sites that I can check out? If it is against the rules to post website urls here, (I didn't read the rules, LOL), then just DM me if you want to.

Thanks y'all

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 10:33 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
What CMS are you using? Your best bet would be to look for templates/themes specific to that CMS.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
What CMS are you using? Your best bet would be to look for templates/themes specific to that CMS.
I googled CMS and I am assuming that you mean content management system. Which I really have no answer to. I suppose I would be modifying the template (if that is what you are getting at), with a WYSIWYG type of editor. I have some rudimentary html skills. Once the site is up and running I do not anticipate much need for regular modification, so it would be a one -time shot.

My website host does not have any templates or site builders that work for me. I have yahoo site builder, which I have used previously on a different site, and I suppose I could go with that, but there is no template that really comes close to what I am looking for.

I was hoping to take the easy route. Frankly, I don't have the time to spend on this to make a effective and professional looking website. I don't have the budget to pay for one either.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-27-2009, 08:51 PM

4 posts, read 16,975 times
Default Re: High Quality Free (or cheap) Web Templates for a Business

I use Joomla (CMS) for most of my clients and my own site and there are thousands of free templates available. If you are using Yahoo, hopefully you also have a separate hosting server where you can install this free CMS. It takes very little to maintain a Joomla site and offers numerous plug-ins and components to extend the basic functionality.

Wordpress is also another good free CMS/blogging tool with tons of free templates.

If you want to put it up and forget it, I'd be curious to know what kind of business you are doing. Most sites require (and should do) some sort of periodic update. If you feel your business may expand, I'd recommend looking into something that can expand with your business.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfps View Post
I use Joomla (CMS) for most of my clients and my own site and there are thousands of free templates available. If you are using Yahoo, hopefully you also have a separate hosting server where you can install this free CMS. It takes very little to maintain a Joomla site and offers numerous plug-ins and components to extend the basic functionality.

Wordpress is also another good free CMS/blogging tool with tons of free templates.

If you want to put it up and forget it, I'd be curious to know what kind of business you are doing. Most sites require (and should do) some sort of periodic update. If you feel your business may expand, I'd recommend looking into something that can expand with your business.
I don't like the "blog" type interface that wordpress has (I am assuming that Joomla is similar).

The site is for a professional cleaning company. The services and pricing is pretty much set in stone, so I am not anticipating that, once the site is up and running, there will be much need to update the website. There is no real need, I think, to make extra work for myself.

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-01-2009, 10:58 AM

4 posts, read 16,975 times
Default Re: High Quality Free (or cheap) Web Templates for a Business

Joomla is not necessarily a blog style CMS but it sounds like it's overkill for your needs.

Here are a couple.

CSS style (has over 2000)
Generic/HTML

Good luck with the site.

Old 10-03-2019, 11:55 PM

94 posts, read 160,238 times
I would highly recommend you should go with Wordpress framework. It is really easy to set up and if you are a non-technical person then also you can set up. If you gives only five to six days to wordpress learning then you would not need to invest a penny in creating, you can create a professional website by yourself. Here is the expanses of any website,

1) You need to buy a domain
2) You need to invest in hosting, it typically starts with $5 per month, and if you are developing a static business site then $5 per month is sufficient

As per my point of view, Wordpress can be right choice.

For more details, you can consider this article: https://www.kodematix.com/wordpress-...related-to-it/, they have described some noticeable facts about wordpress.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:46 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Are u serious?!?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet