U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 07-08-2009, 09:58 AM
 
521 posts, read 1,480,387 times
Reputation: 498

Advertisements

I have a former acquaintance who I recently did a Google search for, and found a reference to her dying about a year ago. I'm wondering if I can find more information on this somewhere online--cause of death, place of death, any additional information. She was young (early 30's) so this would have been an accident of some kind.

I know about the social security death index and that basically confirmed that she has indeed passed away. But I'm trying to find more details. I've checked many possible resources, including local papers for where she lived to see if there were any stories related to this.

Any help would be appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-08-2009, 10:08 AM
 
Location: North Jersey
11,020 posts, read 15,710,877 times
Reputation: 7058
Try Legacy.com
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2009, 12:42 PM
 
521 posts, read 1,480,387 times
Reputation: 498
Thanks, good suggestion but came up empty. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2009, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Amelia View
2,978 posts, read 7,690,983 times
Reputation: 2202
Depending on where (state, county) you need to look, some Registry of Deeds have death certificates online. In most cases they're not necessarily up-to-date or not available to the general public (privacy issues). Try googling the Registry of wherever your friend last lived and see what documents are available online.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 07:41 PM
 
Location: Matthews, NC
14,699 posts, read 14,149,247 times
Reputation: 13827
Did you try the obits for the newspapers in whatever city this person was in?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2009, 11:16 AM
 
Location: California
2,060 posts, read 5,740,819 times
Reputation: 2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
I have a former acquaintance who I recently did a Google search for, and found a reference to her dying about a year ago. I'm wondering if I can find more information on this somewhere online--cause of death, place of death, any additional information. She was young (early 30's) so this would have been an accident of some kind.

I know about the social security death index and that basically confirmed that she has indeed passed away. But I'm trying to find more details. I've checked many possible resources, including local papers for where she lived to see if there were any stories related to this.

Any help would be appreciated.
Try using this search engine. If there was an obituary written, it may show up here.

Pipl - People Search
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2009, 11:45 AM
 
4,113 posts, read 4,752,751 times
Reputation: 1809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Try using this search engine. If there was an obituary written, it may show up here.

Pipl - People Search

Thank you for that link Beth. While the information it provides might not always include the kind of information a person may be looking for, it's still very helpful.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2009, 12:50 PM
 
Location: California
2,060 posts, read 5,740,819 times
Reputation: 2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Thank you for that link Beth. While the information it provides might not always include the kind of information a person may be looking for, it's still very helpful.
You are welcome. I spent years researching family and I found this free site useful. It may also bring up information such as arrests, etc.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2009, 07:44 AM
 
521 posts, read 1,480,387 times
Reputation: 498
Thanks, Pipl is amazing and that's actually how I found out this person had passed away. One of the listings for her is the SS Death Index. Just trying to find out details as to what happened. But Pipl was a good resource to check out again, I forget just how much is there!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 06:12 PM
 
2 posts, read 4,741 times
Reputation: 10
I would love to know if you have any luck. I just found out - minutes ago - that the son I gave up for adoption died 5 years ago at the age of 21. I can't find anything - no obituary, no anything except the SSDI. Being only his birth mother, I'm not entitled to any of his records. I would also appreciate any help in finding out why and how he died. His name was Joshua Thomas Wexler, born May 22, 1987 and died January 11, 2009 in Beverly Hills, CA, just in case anyone who reads this knows something about him. My email is mmcwill2@verizon.net. Thanks.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top