Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 04:14 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,528,373 times

Advertisements

Some emerging market bond funds and currency funds hold this currency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 10:00 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Some emerging market bond funds and currency funds hold this currency.
I look at it this way, they are drilling in Iraq and they have to pay countries for the loans to repair their infrastructure. How are they going to pay them?

I figure I will just be patient, it will work out in the end

Old 07-25-2011, 09:37 AM

Judging from the amount of people that have invested large sums of money into the rv of the dinar, do you think that it could be tied into the budget? Think about it, if it rvs at 1.00 there will still be alot of people put into the next tax bracket thus paying more.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:05 AM

I have got my money on it Revaluing before the end of Sept

Old 09-07-2011, 12:44 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,525,639 times
I always like investigating and sumtimes partaking in strange wierd and risky investments be it iraqi dinar, copper bullion, hoarding pre 82 copper pennies or my new urchase of vietnam dong

Showcasing The Vietnam Dong Polymer Notes I Just Purchased - YouTube

Dinar and dong r longshots I always laugh when people think its a sure thing and they are gonna b rich nxt wk

Old 09-09-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
I always like investigating and sumtimes partaking in strange wierd and risky investments be it iraqi dinar, copper bullion, hoarding pre 82 copper pennies or my new urchase of vietnam dong

Showcasing The Vietnam Dong Polymer Notes I Just Purchased - YouTube

Dinar and dong r longshots I always laugh when people think its a sure thing and they are gonna b rich nxt wk
If not rich, but I will have more than what I started with
The dong will not bring in as much but it will make a slight profit.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:04 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,525,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If not rich, but I will have more than what I started with
The dong will not bring in as much but it will make a slight profit.
Vietnam is a currency manipulator they are artificially holding their currencys rates low to make it attractive to trade with them and I suppose to visit there as well.

My newspapers travel section recently did an article on places to go and not to go because of exchange rates and while Switzerland, UK, and most of Europe was on the not favoriable list Vietnam was number one on favorable exchange rate though I still dont see them having a ton of tourism.

They are currently in the midst of changing from a rural agricultural economy to a manufacturing one.

Both of these are risky but what makes you think Iraq is any better? Sure they have oil that's years away from being produced but they have a government that could fall into civil war and fall apart at any moment or as soon as we leave and stop paying them not to kill us and each other.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:00 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
This is a risky investment and a long term investmetn, some of us have been holding for over five years.

Anohter thing, you can't compare Iraq to Kuwait. Kuwait had a stable government prior to their currency tanking, Iraq did not, and the closest thing they had to one Sadam which at least kept the country stable is gone.

Kuwait has some agriculture they are one of the leading producers of dates, Iraq has nothing besides oil which is years away from producing at levels to make them rich.

Kuwait also had a lot of money in foreign investments again which Iraq did not.

You can't make a comparison betwene the two, its comparing apples and oranges.

Also, why do you have a gut feeling it will rv besides just a complete shot in the dark hunch? ANyu info whatsoever? I work in the fx industry and have heard people saying its happening tomorrow or this friday for the past five years.

Also, you do realize sometimes an rv doesn't make anyone rich it just changes the denomination of the bills. For example in '96 Mexico did na rv, it now takes 1000 of the old pesos to equal one of the new so if you had 10,000 pesos you now have 10 pesos, you didn;t make money you just now have less money to carry around
Very interesting thread indeed. I almost forgot all about the Dinar that I purchased back in 2004 during my first deployment to Iraq. I paid about $600 per million. I figured I had more to gain than lose plus I only spent money I could afford to lose anyway. Just gotta find out where i stashed it. I also opened up a bank account(Al Warka) with a couple million just in case the physical notes became obsolete. On top of that I used the bank account to buy some Iraqi stocks. I purchased just about every single stock that was available for purchase.

I used to follow and study the Iraqi economy and investment so much back in 2005-06 that I got burnt out. I got so consumed in the constant research, hoping and dreaming of getting rich overnight. Im glad that I was able to move on. Everything is still in play as far as my bank account, stock shares and Dinar. I still get emails about stock splits, dividends and shares but most of it barely ever gets read. Some of it even goes to the spam folder. I figure if I do good then cool, If not, its money that was already spent anyway.

When I first started out with the Dinar, I was single, carefree and relatively new to the Air Force. Now I have a family, mortgage, and moved up in rank a little. Im sure I have doubled or maybe even tripled my initial investment but its not enough for me to be thinking about. I kinda like the fact that I can forget about it. Maybe 30 years from now it will be something I can pass down to the kids. If not, I still had some cool dreams about being an overnight millionaire.

By the way, I have some Viet Dong also. About half a million from about 4 years ago. I have no idea whats going on in the Dong world.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Very interesting thread indeed. I almost forgot all about the Dinar that I purchased back in 2004 during my first deployment to Iraq. I paid about $600 per million. I figured I had more to gain than lose plus I only spent money I could afford to lose anyway. Just gotta find out where i stashed it. I also opened up a bank account(Al Warka) with a couple million just in case the physical notes became obsolete. On top of that I used the bank account to buy some Iraqi stocks. I purchased just about every single stock that was available for purchase.

I used to follow and study the Iraqi economy and investment so much back in 2005-06 that I got burnt out. I got so consumed in the constant research, hoping and dreaming of getting rich overnight. Im glad that I was able to move on. Everything is still in play as far as my bank account, stock shares and Dinar. I still get emails about stock splits, dividends and shares but most of it barely ever gets read. Some of it even goes to the spam folder. I figure if I do good then cool, If not, its money that was already spent anyway.

When I first started out with the Dinar, I was single, carefree and relatively new to the Air Force. Now I have a family, mortgage, and moved up in rank a little. Im sure I have doubled or maybe even tripled my initial investment but its not enough for me to be thinking about. I kinda like the fact that I can forget about it. Maybe 30 years from now it will be something I can pass down to the kids. If not, I still had some cool dreams about being an overnight millionaire.

By the way, I have some Viet Dong also. About half a million from about 4 years ago. I have no idea whats going on in the Dong world.

Remember this post! Write back the second week in January

Old 12-05-2011, 05:00 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Invest in it!! It is common sense. When a country has the #1 natural gas reserves and the #3 oil reserves in the world, how do you think that it will be traded on the world market? Part of stabilizing any economy is to first stablize the currency.
In dollars, just like every other oil producing country, except Russia.
You realize we went in because Sadman Hussein wanted to trade its oil in Dinars, or some other agreed upon middle east currency. Qadafi is dead because he wanted to go around the dollar and form a new Oil Bourse, now Iran wants to change along with China and Venezuela.

Quote:
You can get 100,000 dinar for 35.00 (.12) at worst if it goes up .50 you will still make a pretty penny. Hell, who would'nt take a chance for 35.00
Well if it's a pretty one. I'm sold......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing