Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 06:13 PM

5,449 posts, read 6,240,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I like averaging down. But BAC is looking like a falling knife.
Why AC, I didn't know you cared! It does look like a falling knife, but only to folks who don't have the time frame that I do. I'm done buying BAC for now, time to move on to JPM and FCX, both down significantly from recent highs. I think JPM is best of breed of the large banks, and BAC offers the best long term share price recovery potential. Bankers will ALWAYS find a way to make money, and I have no problem waiting 5 years or more for it. I guess I just have a different mindset than most others, I like to think of it as my "get rich slowly" plan. I won't need any of this money for 20-25 more years, so I can be patient with it, buying when there's blood in the streets and collecting my divies while waiting it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 06:31 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,663,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
Why AC, I didn't know you cared! It does look like a falling knife, but only to folks who don't have the time frame that I do. I'm done buying BAC for now, time to move on to JPM and FCX, both down significantly from recent highs. I think JPM is best of breed of the large banks, and BAC offers the best long term share price recovery potential. Bankers will ALWAYS find a way to make money, and I have no problem waiting 5 years or more for it. I guess I just have a different mindset than most others, I like to think of it as my "get rich slowly" plan. I won't need any of this money for 20-25 more years, so I can be patient with it, buying when there's blood in the streets and collecting my divies while waiting it out.
I like your confidence

I will buy BAC. Hoping for a 5$ bargain or under. I missed the 3 in 2009.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:19 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,399,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
TK man, stop buying BAC

I like averaging down. But BAC is looking like a falling knife.
BAC has plenty of lawsuits coming with the bad mortgages they sold. The big banks are charging people for everything including debit card transactions. I think that has people running to credit unions and smaller local banks which burns their profits in the long run. Government bail out for big banks down the road?

Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
BAC has plenty of lawsuits coming with the bad mortgages they sold. The big banks are charging people for everything including debit card transactions. I think that has people running to credit unions and smaller local banks which burns their profits in the long run. Government bail out for big banks down the road?
Even if BAC goes under 5, I was thinking last night that I still won't buy it.

These vermin will bring on their reverse stock split crapola all over again. Had that enough with Citi.

And the people working in BAC in Charlotte are terrified. More job cuts on the way and height of uncertainty. The last time the same feeling prevailed was in 2008 when I worked there. I still remember that morning when Bear collapsed and everyone shrugged it off inside the bank. There was talk about how sturdy BAC was.... and that Bear was having it coming for a long time.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:

These vermin will bring on their reverse stock split crapola all over again. Had that enough with Citi.

And the people working in BAC in Charlotte are terrified. More job cuts on the way and height of uncertainty. The last time the same feeling prevailed was in 2008 when I worked there. I still remember that morning when Bear collapsed and everyone shrugged it off inside the bank. There was talk about how sturdy BAC was.... and that Bear was having it coming for a long time.
New 52 week low on BAC. 5 is only a matter of time, geez.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:19 AM

BAC CDS spread is at 400 basis points. I think I want to short this stock.

This is an all time high, higher than during the financial crisis, and is not good for the stock.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:51 AM

As crazy as it may sound, rumour mills are at work. I just heard Chase might be mulling a takeover at the order of 3$ a share. Sounds ridiculous, but God only knows at this point.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:51 AM

14,249 posts, read 17,885,317 times
Quote:
As crazy as it may sound, rumour mills are at work. I just heard Chase might be mulling a takeover at the order of 3$ a share. Sounds ridiculous, but God only knows at this point.
I heard that rumor too.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:52 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,046,352 times
Well I heard someone said it's gonna go down to $2

Old 08-23-2011, 03:41 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,503,152 times
Quote:

Talked with my broker, 35 years experience, specializes in Financial stocks, of course any ones best guess, but said BOA is poorly ran and probably a $4 stock for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing