Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 10:16 AM

14,466 posts, read 20,648,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
Short answer ... Welcome to the High Volatilty in Rare Earth Stocks.

I do not see any particular reason other than it might have gotten a little ahead of itself temporarily. I really do not follow it day to day anymore as it is a Core long term hold position and I am used to these moves.

SF
I can deal with the volatility, but for me to get the lowest commissions and be able to buy Lynas online, I have to buy the ADR which is 10 shares.
So, $26.00 down to $22.90 looks larger to me, than 2.60 to 2.29, which is the exact same thing. Right after the Japan earthquake I got in Lynas at 15.85. I may never see any entry point like that again. Who knows.

Jim Dines......remember him well from when I used to watch the Nightly Business report. I once owned Mine Finders. He loved that stock. I think it is over $15.00 today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 12:34 PM

692 posts, read 3,142,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
I can deal with the volatility, but for me to get the lowest commissions and be able to buy Lynas online, I have to buy the ADR which is 10 shares.
So, $26.00 down to $22.90 looks larger to me, than 2.60 to 2.29, which is the exact same thing. Right after the Japan earthquake I got in Lynas at 15.85. I may never see any entry point like that again. Who knows.

Jim Dines......remember him well from when I used to watch the Nightly Business report. I once owned Mine Finders. He loved that stock. I think it is over $15.00 today.
After a bit of research I did find and issue involving LYNAS.
I am leaving now but will post it later as soon as I have time.

SF

Old 04-30-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
After a bit of research I did find and issue involving LYNAS.
I am leaving now but will post it later as soon as I have time.

SF

HOWARD555,

Here is what I am refering to .....

Lynas is raising $230 million to build the world's largest Rare Earth Refinery in Maylaysia to employ over 2,000 constuction workers. Lynas will ship radioactive ore from its Mount Weld mine in Austaralia to Malayasia's port and claims its refinery would be able to meet around 1/3 of the Worlds demand(outside of China).
Trouble is, Maylaysia's last Rare Earth refinery run by Mitsubishi Chemical left behind ugly radioactive waste, so the public has understandably been resisting the New Facility.
Whether in fact Lynas would be able to produce, and how much, and when, is not entirely certain.
Kuantan residents of the "Save The Malaysia" movement are lobbying Parliament to block a plant there which would cost four times as much to build and operate comparably in Australia.
Mitsibishi moved its radioactive refining plant in Japan to Maylaysia where spent tin mines had radioactive slag - loaded with Thorium, but rich in Rare Earth Ore - Lynas Mount Weld ore is less radioactive but there is still no solution as to where the new plant is projected to get rid of its radioactive Thorium Waste.

SF

Old 04-30-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:

If I might ask ....Why don't you buy Lynas on line other than ADR's ???

I buy and sell for $9.99 per trade any amount of shares and no penalty for Limit orders.

SF

Old 05-01-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
SF:
I did buy using the ADR, see above.

I am not in Lynas right now.

I'll watch that news story on the Malaysian plant.
It may be a temporary issue and negotiations get it done.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
SF:
I did buy using the ADR, see above.

I am not in Lynas right now.

I'll watch that news story on the Malaysian plant.
It may be a temporary issue and negotiations get it done.

Yes I read your posts on buying the ADR's
Why can't you just buy Lynas online under the following USA symbol ?

"LYSCF" on the US Market pink Sheets over the counter.

Check with your brokerage/broker to find out, or just do a test run by placing an order to see if it takes it.
If you do that during after market hours you can place it, and then cancel it. That should tell you if you can place the order that way.

Thats how I place my orders.

SF

Old 05-02-2011, 05:49 PM

1,531 posts, read 2,419,220 times
I am in the metals industry and have been for +30 years involved in the sales and purchasing of metals. Many of these stocks are what my late father would call "story stocks". Once the story gets around twice it's too late to get out. Take a look at the solar silicon stocks and you will see what I mean.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Yes I read your posts on buying the ADR's
Why can't you just buy Lynas online under the following USA symbol ?

"LYSCF" on the US Market pink Sheets over the counter.

Check with your brokerage/broker to find out, or just do a test run by placing an order to see if it takes it.
If you do that during after market hours you can place it, and then cancel it. That should tell you if you can place the order that way.

Thats how I place my orders.

SF
LYSDY is the symbol that gets me the lowest commission.
I was given 3 ways to buy it:
1. on the Australian market,
2. OTC, or
3. directly using the symbol above.
There is a $50 OTC fee, I'm told.
The symbol above lets me buy the ADR (10 shares per ADR) for $8.95.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
LYSDY is the symbol that gets me the lowest commission.
I was given 3 ways to buy it:
1. on the Australian market,
2. OTC, or
3. directly using the symbol above.
There is a $50 OTC fee, I'm told.
The symbol above lets me buy the ADR (10 shares per ADR) for $8.95.
The reason I use TD Ameritrade is there are no hidden or extra charges to trade these 5 digit OTC stocks.
Some Brokerages choose to add more charges based on the Number of Shares or Limit orders or All or Non orders etc. etc.
Ameritrade does not do that.

I can buy Lynas or any other OTC stock online that has a 5 digit symbol for $9.99 period.
Keep your trading Simple.
Don't let these Scalpers get all these ridiculous charges from you.

SF

Old 05-05-2011, 06:56 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,535,626 times
Anyone have this one?

UURAF.PK: Summary for UCORE RARE METALS- Yahoo! Finance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing