Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:58 AM

630 posts, read 1,874,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglicious View Post
There are even more pressures from the people who has just put on the rare demonstrations against fair election pratice in democracy and general election would be due in 2012. It is anybody guess should the opposition beats the ruling party, anything can happen especially the corruption practice which may be evident in this case http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/the-days-of-gatekeeping-are-numbered-alexis-see-tho/ .
Nevertheless, the previous radioactive plant which is at Bukit Merah, is already have an outstanding law suit of millions pending as acknowledged by Mitshibu**** Rare Earths as the residents were exposed due cancer and deaths..
Money is not the roots of all evils but the love for money is especially when it put your fellow human lives in misery or on death list.
Unless it is done in the area where it is not populated i.e. deserted lands, it's blood money investing for supporting such corporations which put people's lives at stake.
Yeah,you tell them Zingy,I mean all they got was some fly by night organization like the International Atomic Energy Agency to sign off that there were no health risks invoved with the plant design or the ore being processed.Geez,you think they would have gone with a reputable firm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 01:50 PM

321 posts, read 533,622 times
Telling them is one thing, but would they listen? That was the message spread on the self destruction by mankind on music video Earth Song -
YouTube - ‪Michael Jackson - Earth Song‬‏ by Michael Jackson.

On the current note the latest news link on the lynas with protests in Australia and looking at the Australian laws to stop it. Anti-Lynas residents look to Australian courts to stop project - The Malaysian Insider

Old 07-13-2011, 02:34 PM

Ironically,all of the devices used to promote peace,harmony and a green world use.......you guessed it,RARE EARTHS !!!!!!

Old 07-16-2011, 08:28 AM

Malaysian Bar gonna to stop Lynas for now - Lawyers want Lynas out of Malaysia - The Malaysian Insider

Old 07-20-2011, 12:15 PM

Now Malaysian Medical Association said - Stop it. Nix Lynas plant, says doctors? association - The Malaysian Insider

Old 07-28-2011, 05:31 PM

Another solid quarterly report from Lynas,$400 million in cash available,about $100 million needed to complete the LAMPS plant in Malaysia.www.lynascorp.com
Offtake agreements in place for expansion on both Concentration Plant in Australia,and LAMPS to bring total output to 22000 Tons per annum,which at current prices means about 4.5 BILLION a year in revenue.
Yet the market cap is only 3.7 Billion.
Reason this story doesn't get as much play as it should is LYSDY is still a pink sheeter,gonna change soon.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:47 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
Guys, I need some insight here.

I have a load of LYSCF and there's news that on October 10, LYSDY is going to be listed on NASDAQ. And that would be great for DY, but what happens to CF is unknown... will my broker allow me to exchange CF for DY?

Has anyone done this before. I am getting conflicting info online.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Guys, I need some insight here.

I have a load of LYSCF and there's news that on October 10, LYSDY is going to be listed on NASDAQ. And that would be great for DY, but what happens to CF is unknown... will my broker allow me to exchange CF for DY?

Has anyone done this before. I am getting conflicting info online.
Fellas, any ideas??

I called scottrade and some lady answered, and she is clueless

Old 10-19-2011, 01:06 AM

Lynas just got clobbered in Australia

Let me think, I've never had one happy trading week all over in months.

India is up 200 points at least.

I need to wake up in 4 hours, work out, catch a train, give a presentation at 9:30 and start trading again after. So my chaotic life continues

Old 10-19-2011, 01:11 AM

By the way, I hate those Malaysian protestors Sorry, Zing

Anti-corporate sentiment has been at an all time high in ever corner of the plant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing