Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 03:42 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,181,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward. Maybe they have to be crazy. How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that's never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels? We make tools for these kinds of people. While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

-
Steve Jobs, Apple Computers.

[All credit to Three Wolves In Snow who posted this on another forum - too good not to share.]
Those in charge of discourse can change the world.

I do love him but I have to say that a couple months ago I might not have. His message would have been unreachable to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 10:14 AM

25,591 posts, read 56,363,195 times
Ya' know, I have to clarify. The above quote was the core of the "Think Different" campaign, written by copywriters from Chiat/Day in 1997. Didn't know this until I started doing more research on Jobs - not having followed him or Apple at all until the past few days.

Think Different - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scoll down page to see these words in the form of an Apple:

http://lowendmac.com/orchard/07/appl...different.html

Perfectly epitomized Steve Jobs, however. Genius, visionary, one of the crazy ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing