Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 12:48 PM

212 posts, read 320,389 times

Advertisements

you will need a $500 a year Federal Class III dealer's license for this, but A tommygun that cost the gov't $100 in ww2 now sells for $15,000, due to a law passed in 1987, which limited any importation or manufacture of mg's, except for cops, military and "dealer's samples". It's pretty easy, with a nice smg collection, to make 100k a year, driving around and renting out the guns for people to shoot. Technically, what they do is sell you the ammo to shoot, not rent the guns, but they get 3x the cost of what it takes to reload that ammo,and each shooter is firing 100's of $ worth of ammo per hour. :-) the mags hold 30 rds each,the guns cycle at an average of 10 shots per second, and a smart owner has SCORES of mags for each type of smg (submachinegun). Consider having 2 of each type, one with and one without a silencer mounted on it, and install special locking setscrews, so nobody can remove a silencer, trying to steal it or get burned while messing with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 04:07 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times
I always wanted to have my own bottled water company and call it "Hose-water". The container could even by made of recycled hoses to ensure premium taste and smell. I mean, really, who doesn't love the way hose water tastes and smells? It's the best. The overhead would be pretty low too as I would just be filling bottles out of my backyard hose.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:11 PM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittic View Post
you will need a $500 a year Federal Class III dealer's license for this, but A tommygun that cost the gov't $100 in ww2 now sells for $15,000, due to a law passed in 1987, which limited any importation or manufacture of mg's, except for cops, military and "dealer's samples". It's pretty easy, with a nice smg collection, to make 100k a year, driving around and renting out the guns for people to shoot. Technically, what they do is sell you the ammo to shoot, not rent the guns, but they get 3x the cost of what it takes to reload that ammo,and each shooter is firing 100's of $ worth of ammo per hour. :-) the mags hold 30 rds each,the guns cycle at an average of 10 shots per second, and a smart owner has SCORES of mags for each type of smg (submachinegun). Consider having 2 of each type, one with and one without a silencer mounted on it, and install special locking setscrews, so nobody can remove a silencer, trying to steal it or get burned while messing with it.
the way the states screw with or can screw with the laws pertaining to ownership of these i can find better things to invest in if i wanted to try various items.

heres one for you. conventional light bulbs. the bulbs we all know and love will be gone forever in 2012. no more can be made . they can only be sold until gone.

no way can you compare light quality to those crappy compacts. compacts couple themselves poorly to fixtures and rooms . regular lamps are point sources of light and are very different from compact lighting which is not. fixtures and reflectors are all designed around point sources of light and if you ever notice the actual foot candles in the room are usually greater with standard lamps.

start hoarding them now.

Last edited by mathjak107; 12-23-2011 at 04:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing