Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 12:02 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,386,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
That's always a possibility, especially considering the FDA has already delayed the original PDUFA date, but if it does come early, I don't think it will be soon, as the new PDUFA date is still over two months away (Sept 10). The FDA is a government agency and they do things how THEY want, and on THEIR schedule. That's part of the risk in this game, but I think it's a manageable risk. With ARNA, I held all the way through approval because I was very well informed on Lorcaserin (two years of DD) and was almost sure it would be approved. I am nowhere near that informed on NAVB and Lymphoseek, so my play is to get in early enough to take advantage of the run and get out a few weeks ahead of the FDA date - a lesson learned in XNPT. By doing this, I feel I can keep the risks manageable and still have a chance to made a decent return. Heck, I've only been in NAVB for two full days and I'm up almost 12%. Get in ahead of the crowd, get out before all of the last minute madness and into the next one ahead of the crowd again. In theory, anyway!
I plan to sell half of my NAVB in early-mid August. I'm hoping it hits at least $6 by the time I sell the first half; that should cover most of my initial investment. As for the rest, I may let it ride for a while longer and see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 12:06 PM

14,466 posts, read 20,648,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
I plan to sell half of my NAVB in early-mid August. I'm hoping it hits at least $6 by the time I sell the first half; that should cover most of my initial investment. As for the rest, I may let it ride for a while longer and see what happens.
I am pulling for you.
My call options are all profit, above $4.55.

Go NAVB

Go OMPI

Old 07-10-2012, 07:56 AM

I don't know how some of you feel about Seeking Alpha, but today they have a good article that explains the various stages of biotech trading.

1. The Run Up. (examples given were ARNA and KERX)
2. The Long Haul. (examples given were ATRS and ACTC.OB)
3. The Short. (example BLAX)
Strategies You Need To Know To Invest In Speculative Biotech - Seeking Alpha

Old 07-10-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that, what a day they had. NAVB was up .10 cents, and most of the others that I'm watching were down today. I think OREX was the only other one that was up. HZNP, TLON, AMRN, ONXX all down. Does ARNA big up move today affect your options?
What is your opinion on whether VVUS will be announced before July 17th?
I'm reading rumors, that if their drug is rejected, despite a 20-2 committee recommendation, look out $20 here comes ARNA. (Since ARNA would have the only approved weight loss drug)

I thought I had sold the July 20th $11 calls but that was an error. I own the October 10's but I sold the 12's. That's alot better for me, but I am at risk of the stock flying higher, on a VVUS rejection.

If VVUS is approved, then ARNA may tread water, or even back down a little.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
NAVB hit $4.40 and then a quick selloff to $4.09.
I saw no news, unless treasurekidd sold his boat load of stock.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:06 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,386,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
NAVB hit $4.40 and then a quick selloff to $4.09.
Looks like NAVB took a breather today after a nice run up the last couple weeks. It held $4.09 which was a HOD close a few days earlier, which seems to be a bullish sign. I'll be curious to see where it closes today.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:36 PM

5,477 posts, read 6,302,778 times
I agree, todays pullback was a healthy one. We have several PDUFA dates coming up in the next 6 weeks (VVUS, AMRN, HZNP, ONXX and TLON) and I continue to believe that the NAVB's run-up will really pick up as investors move out of these stocks, looking for the next run-up play.

Quote:
Yeah, that was me Howard. I sold enough to afford a case of Sam Adams for after work!

Last edited by treasurekidd; 07-10-2012 at 04:45 PM..

Old 07-10-2012, 05:33 PM

I sold my OMPI in after hours for 18.75.
Paid 14.00 on June 21.
After hours story, which I believe will be a false spike, and I can enter at a lower price.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:12 PM

5,477 posts, read 6,302,778 times
Wow, your right, OMPI is up very strongly after hours. You did good on the trade, making a 34% profit. Nice job. Now to gt NAVB up to 34%!

Old 07-11-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Wow, your right, OMPI is up very strongly after hours. You did good on the trade, making a 34% profit. Nice job. Now to gt NAVB up to 34%!
I bought my OPMI back at 17.50 and bought twice as much, since I now know the stock can reach 19.00 which it did after hours.
I'm trying to sell the July $17.50 calls for $1.50 which is another 8.5% by next Friday.

For some reason ARNA was way down in the premarket today.
I bought some shares at $11.10.

The premarket and the afterhours are very good times to be buying and selling.
The moves are exaggerated due to the low volume.

NAVB has a nice bounce today to $4.38.
I may buy some on another dip near $4.00.
My August calls only begin to make profit at and above $4.55.

I hope VVUS does not get the decision until the 17th.
I want to avoid ARNA options for the 20th. I'm reading, that if VVUS is rejected, ARNA goes up.
I want to stay clear of any huge upside.
I have options sold for this Friday, so on VVUS I hope the decision is the 16th or 17th.

OMPI may not be biotech but they have special medical skin products.
And only 18 million shares. Easy takeover by most anyone who wants it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing