U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-06-2012, 08:42 PM

101 posts, read 152,352 times
Default Any thoughts on CBRX??

Has anyone looked into CBRX? It has been making a move the past few trading days with increased volume. There are talks of their main product getting a pathway to FDA approval (it was turned down in January). A couple of weeks ago the United Health Care plan said it would cover their main drug Crinone in some of their plans. It looks to me that the financials look pretty good. I currently have a small position, but I am considering increasing it. Any comments positive/negative are welcomed. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 11:31 AM

981 posts, read 1,070,482 times
Well, its a penny stocks. And most of these stocks are highly manipulated. I don't know you investing style, but i recommend you stay away from these penny stocks. Maybe one or two per year just for possible high risk.

Look for stocks priced above the $5-$10 range because the big institutions have a rule to not buy stocks below the $5 range. And remember us little folks don't move stocks prices, its the big institutions.

look at DNR Stocks with the Potential to Pop - Yahoo! Finance

Stock Quote DNR DNR is near some support and good business model.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:36 PM

I hear what you're saying. I don't treat it as a true penny stock (even though by some definitions it is) because it trades on the nasdaq. If it were trading on the pinks or otc, I would treat it more as such. I do have a relatively high tolerance for risk. I'm just looking to see if anyone has looked into it and found something that made them say, "Uf, that's not good." I guess it's low p/s is your initial deterrent. Thanks for the advice.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:32 PM

981 posts, read 1,070,482 times
lol, the finicial don't mean anything with this company.

Stock Quote CBRX

This company is below $1, so its all news based trading.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:00 PM

$25 million in cash and no debt is not a bad thing. But yes, news will definitely be the catalyst if/when that good news happens.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:40 PM

CBRX may be setting up for a run soon. May be worth keeping an eye on the volume.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:18 AM

Earnings out today. Looking good. Up $.02 profit per share.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:50 PM

Tested a dollar today. Anyone in this one here? Anticipation of an expected update may bring this one to higher levels. Not to mention it needs to stay at $1 for ten days, or risk getting delisted. Although, the company stated they will apply for a 6 month extension.

Hoping to get some insight regarding this stock. Again, positive/negative is welcomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing