Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 12:10 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,147 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any Colorado based marijuana distribution companies in mind they believe will turn a signficant profit?

It's estimated $400 million will be made in profits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 01:43 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,071,991 times
Marijuana is still illegal, so I would be leery about investing in the business.

I wonder how it would work if you are an out of state investor...

Old 01-02-2014, 02:10 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,099,271 times
cbis is one which i've heard is a pump and dump scheme but if you can get in at the right times and ride the swings you can make some good money. it will go from like 0.02 up to 18 cents overnight. at one point it went from 0.06 cents up to almost 2 bucks within a few days and then crashed back down.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:10 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombocom View Post
Marijuana is still illegal, so I would be leery about investing in the business.

There are a lot of fools in this country. Surely it will be legal at some point. Somebody is going to make a hefty profit.

Maybe the best bet is to invest directly into a major distribution unit and grower of if there is a chain of stores, like the "Starbucks of Pot," that could be a good investment.

I don't know though. All I do is lose money in the market, which is why I don't invest.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:15 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,099,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombocom View Post

i wouldn't worry about this. the trend is going towards legalization. these companies make such huge profits that even when they get raided, get their moeny stolen, weed seized nad equipment broken its a drop in the bucket to them.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:12 PM

651 posts, read 862,848 times
Imagine how rich the Wyoming/New Mexico/Utah/etc states are getting busting people trying to get pot out of CO.

I just hope more states legalize very soon, cause I have a feeling that a bunch of drug peeps will migrate here.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:41 PM

8,053 posts, read 12,774,958 times
If anything I would think producers of hydroponic gardening supplies. Think "LED grow lights" and hydroponic gardening equipment manufacturers. Check out Your Indoor Gardening Destination to get an idea what types of gardening supplies will be hot.

From my understanding in Colorado and Alaska you are permitted to have six plants growing in the home. Under Colorado law they must be in a "secure area" which means people will likely grow indoors.

If an ounce of weed in Colorado is going for 300 dollars at a legal store and seeds sell for ten bucks a piece I believe a lot of people will grow their own.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:08 PM

3,782 posts, read 5,327,781 times
I suspect that a lot of the marijuana profits will simply go up in smoke.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
i wouldn't worry about this. the trend is going towards legalization. these companies make such huge profits that even when they get raided, get their moeny stolen, weed seized nad equipment broken its a drop in the bucket to them.
Perhaps, but I was thinking along the lines of the federal government making an example and charging investors under some sort of rico/conspiracy angle...

It is changing, but until it does... however, not sure marijuana is going to be a huge money maker, do people rush out and invest in alcohol and tobacco companies? Here in California, the Humboldt growers were against outright legalization because it would result in lower prices and thus less income.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
If anything I would think producers of hydroponic gardening supplies. Think "LED grow lights" and hydroponic gardening equipment manufacturers. Check out Your Indoor Gardening Destination to get an idea what types of gardening supplies will be hot.

From my understanding in Colorado and Alaska you are permitted to have six plants growing in the home. Under Colorado law they must be in a "secure area" which means people will likely grow indoors.

If an ounce of weed in Colorado is going for 300 dollars at a legal store and seeds sell for ten bucks a piece I believe a lot of people will grow their own.
A good point, reminiscent of the California gold rush - the real winners were the people that opened up banks, transport services, provided goods and services, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing