Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2014, 09:29 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,062,225 times

Advertisements

I just recently stumbled upon this guy on youtube bullorbearreport channel. I don't agree with everything he says but he gives me stuff to htink about and agree with his overall current strategy. Was looking for some other good investing youtube channels and shot of just randomly browsing thousands of videos from people who are just stating opinions and not that educated on investing was wondering if anyone else has any youtube investing channels they like?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 11:29 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,672,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
I just recently stumbled upon this guy on youtube bullorbearreport channel. I don't agree with everything he says but he gives me stuff to htink about and agree with his overall current strategy. Was looking for some other good investing youtube channels and shot of just randomly browsing thousands of videos from people who are just stating opinions and not that educated on investing was wondering if anyone else has any youtube investing channels they like?
That's funny because I watch his videos too. He's one of the few bulls out there. So many conspiracy theorist bears like Peter Schiff.

I agree with the bullorbearreportguy's bullishness. I don't agree with owning 20% gold. That's too much. 5% max. Also picking individual stocks? I believe in the efficient market hypothesis. This guy is selling a service.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:16 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,062,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
That's funny because I watch his videos too. He's one of the few bulls out there. So many conspiracy theorist bears like Peter Schiff.

I agree with the bullorbearreportguy's bullishness. I don't agree with owning 20% gold. That's too much. 5% max. Also picking individual stocks? I believe in the efficient market hypothesis. This guy is selling a service.
I've been tempted to signup for his newsletter and stock picks just b/c he does have a money back gurnatee. I havn't pulled the trigger and probably won't pay for it but really curuios to hear what his turbo stock portfolio is, you probably heard him advertise it he says he has a small portfolio of like 6 diversified stocks that he sells with the newsletter.

I probably won't pay him but do get some good insights from his videos and like that he puts his money where his mouth is.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:16 PM

2,146 posts, read 3,349,549 times
Anybody who has to sell a newsletter or a subscription service promising amazing returns is not somebody I would trust my money with. If he's such a success, why does he have to sell his advice? Investing is never easy, and earning good, consistent returns takes research and homework. One of the major rules of investing: don't invest in what you don't know.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:26 PM

24,328 posts, read 26,739,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
Anybody who has to sell a newsletter or a subscription service promising amazing returns is not somebody I would trust my money with. If he's such a success, why does he have to sell his advice? Investing is never easy, and earning good, consistent returns takes research and homework.
I would never pay for a subscription service where they promise amazing returns through stock picks or specific trades.

However, I would consider paying for a subscription service where the focus is on teaching you how to utilize specific strategies and improving risk management etc.

In regards to the bullorbearreport, I think he is a complete joke. I just watched his, "boycott alibaba stock, it's un-american" and I think he is crazy. Most likely his shirt is was made in China, what a hypocrite.

Old 11-15-2014, 04:33 PM

I would never pay for ANY service. Not BullOrBear, not MorningStar, not ValueLine, nothing. Efficient market hypothesis. If you want better returns then take on more risk (for free) and pray that you get lucky. That's all you can do.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:28 PM

9,639 posts, read 5,978,935 times
Efficient market is a myth.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Efficient market is a myth.
Go argue that with Jack Bogle. Go argue with 25 years of statistical data.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:41 PM

9,639 posts, read 5,978,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Go argue that with Jack Bogle. Go argue with 25 years of statistical data.
Jack Bogle isn't a god. He preaches a method aimed at hitting the average for average people. Nothing wrong with that. Just remember... It's average.

There are people who aren't average. These people profit from the markets inefficiency. It's this inefficiency that allows people to consistently beat the market.

If the markets were efficient we'd never have bubbles. A bubble is an inefficiency.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:08 PM

24,328 posts, read 26,739,713 times
Like I mentioned before, if someone doesn't want to invest because they think its pure luck, then good for them lol. Meanwhile, I'll be making money work for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing