Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 02:57 PM

2,236 posts, read 2,975,943 times

Advertisements

Jak,

I see you're in for a blizzard. During the California Gold Rush, more money was made selling shovels to miners than was made prospecting. I was thinking you might be interested is selling snow shovels.

Warnings for New York (Manhattan), New York | Weather Underground
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 03:01 PM

106,654 posts, read 108,790,719 times
yeah this is a biggie for us.

the good thing is I don't need no stinkin shovel. this is why we rent in a building with heated indoor garage ha ha ha ..

I am looking forward though to taking my jeep sahara out which has a set of mountain snow flake rated snow tires on it.

can't wait. ever since I had it we had nothing that was fun. in fact I we bought snow shoes 7 years ago when we had the house in PA and that was the last time they saw action.

charging up all the camera batteries now.

I don't work many days anymore but it figures I was going in Monday and Tuesday.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
yeah this is a biggie for us.

the good thing is I don't need no stinkin shovel. this is why we rent in a building with heated indoor garage ha ha ha ..

I am looking forward though to taking my jeep sahara out which has a set of mountain snow flake rated snow tires on it.

can't wait. ever since I had it we had nothing that was fun. in fact I we bought snow shoes 7 years ago when we had the house in PA and that was the last time they saw action.

charging up all the camera batteries now.
Very Cool!!!! I love going out on the fire service roads here in the Sierras. We have lots of cross country skiing trails and snow shoeing treks up in the park. The park being Yosemite.

Hey Bud, just don't over do it. I find trekking in the snow to be a lot more strenuous than walking down the street.

I hope you get lots of great pictures. I enjoy viewing your photos. They really pop.

Take care and happy shoveling.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:16 PM

one of the first retirement trips we take will be the tauck luxury bus tour of the southwest parks.

14 days starting in Utah and ending in las vegas.

our mayor is on now scaring everyone. after sandy everyone is edgy now when they hear this is can be the largest snow storm in nyc history.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:29 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,000,428 times
Quote:
one of the first retirement trips we take will be the tauck luxury bus tour of the southwest parks.

our mayor is on now scaring everyone. after sandy everyone is edgy now when they hear this is can be the largest snow storm in nyc history.
Maybe he can say something "Nice" about the sanitation department... Lets see what happens.

I did that Tauck tour back in the 70's as a young teenager (12 or 13 I think) with my Grandmother. Was good tour, But was little odd being 60 years younger then everyone else.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:

That's major....I hope they don't cancel CNBC and shut down Wall St. Cramer will be screaming about investing in salt. hahaha Take care and good luck.

On a serious note, I hope you have plenty of batteries.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Maybe he can say something "Nice" about the sanitation department... Lets see what happens.

I did that Tauck tour back in the 70's as a young teenager (12 or 13 I think) with my Grandmother. Was good tour, But was little odd being 60 years younger then everyone else.
well now they are my age ha ha

Old 01-25-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccotecc View Post
That's major....I hope they don't cancel CNBC and shut down Wall St. Cramer will be screaming about investing in salt. hahaha Take care and good luck.

On a serious note, I hope you have plenty of batteries.
we have underground services and almost never lose power. sandy had some areas effected but we never lost power.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
we have underground services and almost never lose power. sandy had some areas effected but we never lost power.
Good.. I wish you well, and all those who will be enduring the storm.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:37 PM

thanks , my mom is looking for my snow suit now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing