Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 02:33 PM

181 posts, read 140,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
You do not know how to use Elite, say it's bad, like your opinion matters if you do not know how to utilize something and then you come on here to make a joke about me using Elite. Mr. R2max, you are ridiculous.
It's very perplexing how you're able to make 3 claims that are so false. If you were in a 'pouting' state when those 3 claims were made, then I can understand why.

"...like your opinion matters..." <---pouting; very unbecoming of an adult.

Please go ahead and gain some of my respect back by substantiating the 3 claims (underlined) you made.

Here, in respect for not diverting OP's intention for this thread I'll give you the conclusion to this childishness:

Claim #1: You have no way of knowing this. You actually have a lot of evidence that the opposite is true.

Claim #2: T&S is bad, not Elite. See, very unproductive (and embarrassing) to be in a pouting state.

Claim #3: An effect has a cause, the very reason why Wartrace called you out.
What you perceived as a "joke" was merely the effect of your prior action, therefore it is false to claim that I made a "joke" about you, it is just 'cause and effect' running its course.

However, I do believe in second chances, so drop this childishness, drop this pouting, and converse with everyone as adults (you do know that at least 3 people in thread have close to no respect for you?).

Lastly, I second Lowexpectations' full disclosure concern, and (this goes without saying) try to familiarize yourself with more that one trading platforms (excluding Scottrader Streaming Quote) should teaching is your aspiration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 03:43 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
I think it's also important for people to understand that we have been in a strong bull market since March 2009. Everyone should be making money, even a 5 year old could make money in this market. This is why you get criticism for having only been trading/investing for a few months. I had 100,000 in my stock account by age 12 during the dot com market. I was just picking cool sounding names with charts that looked like they were zig zagging up. When the market crashed I lost most and my parents took the remaining money away. My point is during a bull market everyone is a genius.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:26 PM

8,063 posts, read 12,779,194 times
I am now announcing my new trading education course "Order flow trading with Wartrace". After two and a half months of experience I am now taking students to learn from the master.

*Learn how to avoid novice trader mistakes. (New mistakes added daily! )
* Learn what works in todays market! (I don't know what works in any other market conditions )
* Follow my trades after the fact! ( I don't want to show my trades ahead of time )
All this for a low introductory price of nuthin! ( priced according to value!)

Old 05-10-2015, 05:57 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2max View Post
It's very perplexing how you're able to make 3 claims that are so false. If you were in a 'pouting' state when those 3 claims were made, then I can understand why.

"...like your opinion matters..." <---pouting; very unbecoming of an adult.
You want a "Utube" video showing you how to use Elite, the platform is easy to use, so yes, if you have to ask for a "Utube" video showing you how to setup Elite then this indicates you have zero iota how Elite works. Take it from this kid, cool kids actually spell out complete words, the King's English, use it.

Would I ask a court Jester how to sword fight? Would I ask a punter how to tackle? You get the idea, your opinion of Elite has no meaning if you do not know how to use it.

I'm a regular of the investing forum, but I will refrain from this thread.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:14 PM

Getting back to bidness.......

Do any of you guys/gals look at trading as an "unfolding story" of mass psychology rather than price moving up/down for unknown reasons?

The most misleading phrase in trading is "There are more buyers than sellers". This is impossible since for every buyer there is a seller. It is correct to say there are more AGGRESIVE buyers than passive (limit order) sellers.

Why does price move? Aggressive buyers/sellers and the limit order traders seeing these aggressive traders come in against their limit orders.

Example:

The price is at 1.1215 offer/ 1.1214 bid and the orderbook is balanced. Suddenly three or four traders place large buy market orders that take out the limit (offer) orders @ 1.1215 and half the book @ 1.1216. The limit offers @ 1.1216 get nervous and pull their offers. The little guys see this and start buying at 1.1216 and clean out the offer and it ticks up to 1.1217. More traders pile on and the guys with limit orders @ 217, 218 and 219 start pulling. More aggressive buyers pile in. Pretty soon the guys that sold back in the 215 and below area are puking out their trades as their stops are hit and adds even MORE buyers to the move up.

Of course there are situations where an iceberg order absorbs the orders and the aggressive buyers don't get much of a move for their effort. Look out below....sometimes.....

You are not going to see this happen using ANY technical indicator. Volume bars are useless to see it. You need to look at the DOM, T&S and delta.

If you watch this stuff long enough you start to see the story instead of bars on a chart and some fancy technical indicator to tell you what price did "X" bars ago. You know WHY price behaved the way it did.

Last edited by Wartrace; 05-11-2015 at 05:30 PM..

Old 05-11-2015, 06:38 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Buyers and sellers can and do outnumber one another at times

Imbalance of Orders Definition | Investopedia

Old 05-11-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Buyers and sellers can and do outnumber one another at times

Imbalance of Orders Definition | Investopedia
Not to argue the finer points but for every buyer there MUST be a seller. There would be no transaction otherwise. What happens when there is an order imbalance? Price moves to a point where there are sellers willing to sell. (Gap up in stocks). This doesn't happen in the futures markets with 23/5 trading- if there is a buy order imbalance price moves until the sellers can stop it.

Look at the order flow in crude oil this Wedensday during the report. Look at the currencies on Thursday. The limit orders will thin out prior to the news, price will bounce around until the limit buyers/sellers thicken up again.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:20 PM

373 posts, read 482,787 times
Back to business, what do you guys feel about Va (Virgin America)? Is it a buy at $30? Seems way undervalued to me. Any estimate what the price should by the end of the year?

Old 05-11-2015, 07:21 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Not to argue the finer points but for every buyer there MUST be a seller. There would be no transaction otherwise. What happens when there is an order imbalance? Price moves to a point where there are sellers willing to sell. (Gap up in stocks). This doesn't happen in the futures markets with 23/5 trading- if there is a buy order imbalance price moves until the sellers can stop it.

Look at the order flow in crude oil this Wedensday during the report. Look at the currencies on Thursday. The limit orders will thin out prior to the news, price will bounce around until the limit buyers/sellers thicken up again.

You are simply incorrect but it's because you are looking at it wrong, for everyone that wants to buy there isn't a seller and for everyone who wants to sell there isn't a buyer. Imbalances do occur unless you feel I'm making it up, investopedia and a host of other resources are as well. Opens can be delayed because of this as was the case when Facebook went public, the name could be halted intraday as well because if this. Towards the close my quote system posts but/sell side imbalance figures to try and get more action to come to the other side.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
You are simply incorrect but it's because you are looking at it wrong, for everyone that wants to buy there isn't a seller and for everyone who wants to sell there isn't a buyer. Imbalances do occur unless you feel I'm making it up, investopedia and a host of other resources are as well. Opens can be delayed because of this as was the case when Facebook went public, the name could be halted intraday as well because if this. Towards the close my quote system posts but/sell side imbalance figures to try and get more action to come to the other side.
I think we are in a violent agreement.

"you are looking at it wrong, for everyone that wants to buy there isn't a seller and for everyone who wants to sell there isn't a buyer."

There are no more buyers than sellers. We agree.

My whole POINT was that imbalance moves the price.

I see that I should have worded my post differently. I wrote this:

"Why does price move? Aggressive buyers/sellers and the limit order traders seeing these aggressive traders come in against their limit orders."

I should have used the term "market buy orders/market sell orders".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing