Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 07:26 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times

Advertisements

Open a Gmail account if you don't already have one. On the left side of the page is a phone icon. Click and a keypad pops up. Dial anywhere in the US AND CANADA for free. My dad lives in Vancouver, once I learned about this I cancelled my land line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 07:35 AM

Check that, GMail has changed up. Why do they do this, pain in the butt. Looks like you can still make calls but they forced me to create an entire new account and download a plug in. Still worth investigating.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:44 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Open a Gmail account if you don't already have one. On the left side of the page is a phone icon. Click and a keypad pops up. Dial anywhere in the US AND CANADA for free. My dad lives in Vancouver, once I learned about this I cancelled my land line.
added: It works for me.

Good idea but can they call you too if they do not have a computer or smart phone on? I have no idea how that works but thanks for the tip, I will give it a try. We travel internationally and the Magic Jack has been a real blessing for us, I registered my MJ phone number with my banks and credit cards, that way I can call them and the recognize my number and therefore do not give me a hard time when I need things done.

Anyway this thread is about the Magic Jack stock and I bought some because it was down to about 1/3 of what it once was, I am hoping it climbs, time will tell, I wanted opinions and got them, hope the negative ones were wrong, again time will tell but I think it is a great product for the money and so that we can have one phone number wherever in the world we are and at a reasonable cost.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:37 PM

Has any of your opinions changed on CALL for long term, now that it seems to be doing well and is projected by CNN Money to do even better? Do you think CNN Money is correct with their projections?

Old 09-01-2015, 12:55 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,782,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Has any of your opinions changed on CALL for long term, now that it seems to be doing well and is projected by CNN Money to do even better? Do you think CNN Money is correct with their projections?
In 12 months I will be able to tell you if CNN Money is correct with their projections. Meanwhile, enjoy your gains. I think you just joined an elite group of CDF "investors" here who seem to make money at everything they touch whether it's stock, mutual fund, real estate, etc. -- and in a down market no less.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
In 12 months I will be able to tell you if CNN Money is correct with their projections. Meanwhile, enjoy your gains. I think you just joined an elite group of CDF "investors" here who seem to make money at everything they touch whether it's stock, mutual fund, real estate, etc. -- and in a down market no less.
Thank you for the reply David, I am down a bunch of money right now on my Fidelity managed account but yes I have made money in real estate during my lifetime, I guess I was lucky but that is the first stock I decided to buy in years since everything I touched before lost me money. I am not much of an investor, thus why I ask others who are, is CNN Money to be believed? I guess for now I will ride it out and hope for the best but I was trying to decide if I should buy more or dump what I have? Sorry if I have come off wrong in anything I have written, I am more or less new to trying to invest on my own.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:26 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,782,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Thank you for the reply David, I am down a bunch of money right now on my Fidelity managed account but yes I have made money in real estate during my lifetime, I guess I was lucky but that is the first stock I decided to buy in years since everything I touched before lost me money. I am not much of an investor, thus why I ask others who are, is CNN Money to be believed? I guess for now I will ride it out and hope for the best but I was trying to decide if I should buy more or dump what I have? Sorry if I have come off wrong in anything I have written, I am more or less new to trying to invest on my own.
I don't follow CNN Money, so I can't offer any opinion about them. Then again I don't follow any analyst, blogger, expert, or financial guru either. They have a 50/50 percent chance of getting it right. Guess what? So do you.

What I do follow is the market. It is never wrong. It can't be, for it is the collective wisdom of all participants.

Be an objective student of the market.

Last edited by davidt1; 09-01-2015 at 07:04 PM..

Old 09-02-2015, 07:15 AM

I thought we were talking about making phone calls via the internet. What happened to that discussion?

Old 09-02-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I thought we were talking about making phone calls via the internet. What happened to that discussion?
I believe that it would have to be done in a different section since this section is about investing.

I started a topic HERE for people to discuss Magic Jack and other VOIP services if you or anyone else wishes to do so.

Last edited by Mr. Lee; 09-02-2015 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: to add link to another topic

Old 09-03-2015, 09:15 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,791 times
I can make peer to peer calls from Facebook. It's nice when I need to call someone and the phone is across the room and I don't wanna go get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing