Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 10:53 AM

67 posts, read 65,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiettimect View Post
I assume you are feeling better and are just now telling stories to make us laugh.

With the exception of jumping off the GG bridge the rest of the plan sounds like a cool adventure.

What gives?
I think Korea is necessary because now I am running into people at the store whom I used to talk about the markets with. they have incredible stories of profit and I'll admit the green monster of envy is hitting me hard. One guy allegedly (he has always been truthful in the past anyway) turned 15K into 500K the past 2 weeks with options on energy stocks. Amazing! It does appear we're in a new era of ever rising stock prices and that one lock limit down day was the anomaly, but it was enough for me to ruin it all. Can you imagine making 30 times your money in two weeks!

I am indeed purchasing the insurance policy, but it will be more of an "option" (pun intended) so I can see how things go as we move along. If I can handle the new life overseas, that's good. If not, there is always the "Easy" way out and I get a legacy of leaving it to a cause that I believe in strongly. So it's a win/win really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 10:55 AM

18,079 posts, read 15,664,302 times
Most life insurance policies have a "no suicide" rule. If you die by your own hand, the money will not be paid out.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:58 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,583,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Most life insurance policies have a "no suicide" rule. If you die by your own hand, the money will not be paid out.
This isn't true, most actually cover suicide but have a clause the policy has to be enforce for a period of time before they will cover it, typically 2 years.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Had two life insurance policys on my husband. He passed away and had no problems with either company. Would like to know what problems you may have had with yours. No names please just problems.
More than likely he's had no actual issues but just posts drivel about any financial related company

Old 10-07-2015, 11:07 AM

18,079 posts, read 15,664,302 times
Well I stand corrected.

I have no life insurance anyway since I have zero heirs and no one else to take care of if I'm no longer around.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:40 PM

5,301 posts, read 6,179,553 times
Many life insurance companies also sell high deductible individual health insurance policies for people who are self employed and don't want to pay a lot of money for "community rating" health policies from insurers like Blue Cross. One such company was Reserve Life Insurance of Dallas, Texas. I know about them because years ago when I was self employed, I took out a health insurance policy with that company. I started out paying $45 per month for a policy that covered 80% of total costs after the first $1500 spent per covered illness with a lifetime benefit capped at $1 million. It sounded real good. But every year the monthly premium shot up, which I reduced by increasing the deductible. After 5 years, I was paying $650 per month for $5,000 deductible and I never filed a claim. That's when I got out. I later learned that this was common practice with individual policies. It's called the "death spiral."

Reserve Life was shut by the Texas Insurance Commissioner and I believe that it's still in receivership.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_spiral_(insurance)

Old 10-08-2015, 08:43 AM

67 posts, read 65,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Many life insurance companies also sell high deductible individual health insurance policies for people who are self employed and don't want to pay a lot of money for "community rating" health policies from insurers like Blue Cross. One such company was Reserve Life Insurance of Dallas, Texas. I know about them because years ago when I was self employed, I took out a health insurance policy with that company. I started out paying $45 per month for a policy that covered 80% of total costs after the first $1500 spent per covered illness with a lifetime benefit capped at $1 million. It sounded real good. But every year the monthly premium shot up, which I reduced by increasing the deductible. After 5 years, I was paying $650 per month for $5,000 deductible and I never filed a claim. That's when I got out. I later learned that this was common practice with individual policies. It's called the "death spiral."

Reserve Life was shut by the Texas Insurance Commissioner and I believe that it's still in receivership.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_spiral_(insurance)
Thanks, this sounds like a good company to try to screw over.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:57 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,688,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
More than likely he's had no actual issues but just posts drivel about any financial related company
From the King of Drivel.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
From the King of Drivel.
Why didn't you answer the question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing