U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 10:24 AM

731 posts, read 399,195 times

Advertisements

Gold and Silver continue to run, miners have doubled or tripled in recent months.
Dow up over 18,000 again but why? We known Yellen came to rescue and save the markets once again by saying we won't see 4 rate hikes this year. Stocks seem to be in a bullish mode, I get buy signals on most stocks.

US Economy is actualy slowing down, the entire global economy is a mess. Dollar has been weakened again, gold and silver up in a big way and will continue to run.

IBM reported earnings yesterday, revenue down for 16 consecutive months. Housing start numbers reported today for March and down almost 9%. Goldman Sachs revenue reported lowest revenue in 4 years,etc. and etc.

The only break US consumer got lately was lower gas prices and now that is threatened to go away because higher prices are much better for Americans then lower prices.

Higher housing prices, higher rents, higher food prices, higher gas prices, higher and higher prices are good, inflation is good. What about higher salaries and wages for American workers? What about creating good paying jobs in America? Well that is bad, that is not good, right?

This will not end up well, just saying!!!!
In the mean time buy, buy, buy, everything is great, God Bless Janet Yellen and our Fed heroes who are bankrupting America!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 02:36 PM

64,592 posts, read 66,129,695 times
boy this certainly comes in handy

Old 04-19-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
I said buy, buy, buy. And let's inflate gas prices higher for American consumers, low prices are not good, low prices are our enemy.

Let's keep wages the same or we can go lower, but let's double cost of housing, rents, food prices, gas prices and etc.

Netflix selling off today, no growth in sight for new subscribers, people can't afford Netflix anymore.

Just becuase stock market goes up it doesn't mean our economy is doing good. The entire rebound from the latest sell off was for the wrong reasons, not becuase our economy is doing good or getting any better. Our economy is getting worse actualy.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:17 PM

the markets over reacted and priced in a recession while data shows about a 30% chance so markets reversed their view .

Old 04-19-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
the markets over reacted and priced in a recession while data shows about a 30% chance so markets reversed their view .
You should thank our Fed everyday for rigging and fixing the markets on the upside because with your intellect you would be a poor soul today. We have been in depression and we never left recession since 2008. The Fed has been masking depression by printing money and inflating stocks and housing market. I have no problem saying this, but I guess a lot of you part time investors and market cheerleaders do.

Why is so hard for you to admit that our economy is not doing good, that America is not recovering and that Fed has rigged stock market and housing in this insane attempt to save TBTF banks and Wall Street?

This latest rebound in stocks didn't came because American economy is growing, just the opposite, all data coming in lately has been bad and the Fed is afraid to raise rates. Manipulating markets is one thing, growing economy is another.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:46 PM

personally i care about my outcome , how i got there is secondary .

i have been an investor for 30 years , there is always something lurking or some reason for something , good or bad . at the end of the day it is what it is and i retired on it regardless of the reason .

i learned decades ago , stop complaining about the dealer and learn to play the cards you are dealt . it is something i try to do every day of my life .

Old 04-19-2016, 03:50 PM

6,298 posts, read 3,479,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
I said buy, buy, buy. And let's inflate gas prices higher for American consumers, low prices are not good, low prices are our enemy.
American consumers benefit directly and greatly from low fuel prices. The less money that have to spend on gas (and on home heating oil, if they live in the Northeast), the more money they have available to spend on other things. Also lower gas prices means lower shipping costs to get products to market, which is also a good thing.

Only people working directly in the energy sector, or heavily invested in it, are hurt by low fuel prices. Which isn't a huge problem, as no economy is universally good for EVERYONE and commodity prices have always fluctuated.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:55 PM

33,046 posts, read 20,720,491 times
Quote:

As a silver bug, I've recently bought some so I check prices. I'm getting these pop-ups (which I've ignored so far) something like CHINA CREDIT CRISIS LOOMING OVER SILVER MARKET.

Is there some impending collapse I should know about?

Old 04-19-2016, 04:01 PM

9,284 posts, read 4,736,816 times
Are your Dr Kevin?

Old 04-19-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
personally i care about my outcome , how i got there is secondary .

i have been an investor for 30 years , there is always something lurking or some reason for something , good or bad . at the end of the day it is what it is and i retired on it regardless of the reason .

i learned decades ago , stop complaining about the dealer and learn to play the cards you are dealt . it is something i try to do every day of my life .
What kind of thinking and answer is that? Don't complain about the dealer?????? Why not? The dealer is turning America into a third world country, bankrupting majority of citizens.

I don't understand this SLAVE mentality, what??? Americans shold stop complaining and accepting lies and rigged economy that only works for criminals?

Not only should Americans continue complaing and exposing rigged and fake economy but Americans need to rise up and take back their country out of criminal hands.

Unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or