Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 08:10 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
No I'm not. You made the allegation that companies were attempting to hurt Trump so he would resign. You have nothing to support that other than wild unfounded speculation while ignoring the most likely scenario that Trump stuff isn't selling well or than said retailers customers are pressuring them to distance themselves. Two of the possibilities are much more likely than one of them, your wild theory of a secretive attempt to force a resignation.
I'm not going to be drawn into a political debate. I have my opinion and you have yours.

The point of this thread is Sears as a viable company.

Bottom line -- in 25 years of watching the markets, this is the best short sale candidate I have ever seen.

I knew GM was in severe trouble in 2008 but didn't buy any puts or do any short sales.
But I'm not missing Sears this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 08:20 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I'm not going to be drawn into a political debate. I have my opinion and you have yours.

The point of this thread is Sears as a viable company.

Bottom line -- in 25 years of watching the markets, this is the best short sale candidate I have ever seen.

I knew GM was in severe trouble in 2008 but didn't buy any puts or do any short sales.
But I'm not missing Sears this time.
While that may have been your original point you were the one who put the oddball conspiracy theory out there so it wouldn't be you who was getting drawn into a political debate as you opened the door and held it for others to walk through

Old 02-21-2017, 12:51 PM

I'm really wondering if the entire stock market is on drugs.... Sears is up to almost $8 for some reason. But, never fear.... 4th quarter 'earnings' are out very soon.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:13 PM

The market is on drugs because it's not doing what you thought it would?

Old 02-21-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
The market is on drugs because it's not doing what you thought it would?
No - it's on drugs because there just isn't any correlation with P/E ratios any longer and there aren't any corrections.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
No - it's on drugs because there just isn't any correlation with P/E ratios any longer and there aren't any corrections.
Have you heard of tesla? What's it's P/E ratio? You do realize there doesn't have to be a correlation right? That's not a new phenomenon

Old 02-21-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Have you heard of tesla? What's it's P/E ratio? You do realize there doesn't have to be a correlation right? That's not a new phenomenon
Tesla is NOT = to Sears.
I'm not a huge fan of Tesla.....BUT you can defend their valuation based on future prospects and I'll admit they could take a huge amount of business from GM, F, etc.

That sure doesn't describe Sears ------ nothing more than a worst of breed, a dying company in a segment that is having huge troubles.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Tesla is NOT = to Sears.
I'm not a huge fan of Tesla.....BUT you can defend their valuation based on future prospects and I'll admit they could take a huge amount of business from GM, F, etc.
You can defend tesla because you want to. Tesla with lots of hope doesn't really make sense to actually have a market cap on par with Ford, certainly not when p/e is your stick as you measured with earlier

Quote:
That sure doesn't describe Sears ------ nothing more than a worst of breed, a dying company in a segment that is having huge troubles.
Huge troubles in retail but Macy's just beat. Maybe some speculative hope exist here too just as in Tesla. Home Depot beat earnings and Walmart reported strong too

Last edited by Lowexpectations; 02-21-2017 at 02:48 PM..

Old 02-22-2017, 09:32 AM

Shld is up another 5% today to 8.48. If they reported better than expected losses or some positive guidance it's gonna be comical

Old 02-22-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Shld is up another 5% today to 8.48. If they reported better than expected losses or some positive guidance it's gonna be comical
Again I'm not worried. The stock crashed 50% between early December and early February and I cashed out puts at a nice profit. Yes - I bought more puts and am down on those -- for now. The run up on this stock has to be short sellers covering, there's no other logical explanation. It's not like there's been any good news to report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing