Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 12:51 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,099,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Thanks for the offer! I've managed to find some sites that made trading easier/less complicated. But I'm holding off on buying the Litecoin now. I was ready to buy when it was in the $100 range (of course, I didn't know how to buy at that time due to the complexity of the process where I was looking), but when it shot up to $300 the very next week (and I was kicking myself for not being able to buy at $100), I started reading articles predicting a correction (both for Bitcoin and Litecoin), so I held off. Of course, both dropped pretty significantly since that period. I'm still interested in buying some of these coins, but will continue to do further research and will jump in when the time feels right!
I think this morning at about 8am is about as low as were gonna go but again who knows. There is a Segwit2X fork comming up December 28 and historically we see people rush in to collect their "free money" so we'll see what happens leading up to end of year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 01:40 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,297,831 times
Today Charlie lee has suggested a surprise for everyone next year. Rumors are Litecoins collaboration with facebook to purchase or buy content on fb platform. This might sound extreme and fake news but i personally buy on rumors and sell on news so lets hope for the best. GO LTC

Old 12-23-2017, 04:46 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
can you say "TULIP CRAZE "
Exactly.

Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme. It's based on someone else paying more for your bitcoins. Well, eventually there's nobody left to buy - and then you see panic in the streets and big drops like yesterday.

There may be a place for bitcoin (just like there is still a market for tulips) but not at these ever escalating prices.

Last edited by BeerGeek40; 12-23-2017 at 04:56 AM..

Old 12-23-2017, 09:45 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Exactly.

Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme. It's based on someone else paying more for your bitcoins. Well, eventually there's nobody left to buy - and then you see panic in the streets and big drops like yesterday.

There may be a place for bitcoin (just like there is still a market for tulips) but not at these ever escalating prices.
Except that only a fraction of 1% of the public worldwide owns Bitcoin. Only recently have U.S. institutions begun to dip their toes in. The average joe just heard of Bitcoin during the last 4 weeks and has not invested yet. There are many more potential buyers than sellers for the foreseeable future.

Anything whether its stocks, bonds, gold, oil etc. is priced based on supply and demand. If there are fewer buyers of stocks than sellers, the price will go down.

Old 12-24-2017, 01:51 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,099,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Exactly.

BeerGeek, if your going to continue to join in on crypto discussions please actually formulate an argument. Simply using one word responses like tulips and beanie babies adds nothing to the discussion. I would be happy to debate the merits of Bitcoin should you actually come up with something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing