Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 07:53 PM

1,767 posts, read 1,742,996 times

Advertisements

Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 08:07 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
The aledged creator of Bitcoin

Old 09-13-2017, 09:44 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,723,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip View Post
Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?
A white guy who's now a very rich weeaboo

Old 09-14-2017, 08:37 AM

5,301 posts, read 6,181,559 times
Default North Korea Using Bitcoin to Avoid Sanctions

At last, a truly practical use for Bitcoin!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ising-tensions

Old 09-14-2017, 09:00 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,298,228 times
Perhaps Jamie failed to disclosure how much vested interest his bank & other partner banks have in ETHEREUM. Btw, he did drop a hint for some by saying something positive about blockchain which is basically the platform on which most of the crypto currencies run on including bitcoin. So how come bitcoin is fraud and blockchain is good? He would rather fire an employee who trades bitcoin but also discloses how smart his daughter actually thinks she is because she is invested in bitcoin??

What Jamie is doing is called spreading FUD (Fear, uncertainty & doubt) to undermine the positions of Bitcoin which is already volatile, any negative news from US bank along with China will guarantee a good buying position for his Smart money gang all over the world and thats exactly whats happening. People who wanted to but at a discount have their trades locked in.

Its ironic how initially Yellow cab drivers and medallion owners were complaining & protesting about UBER when it came out. Bankers like Jamie & others who have been given a federal bailout know very well that time is running out and unless he takes some action, crytpo currency will one day put him out of work. No matter how complicated Bitcoin or other currencies sound, they are basically a way of transferring money directly from one individual to another or from customer to merchant. I guess the banks are the ultimate middlemen. Offcourse they don't want to be giving up their cut.....

Old 09-16-2017, 12:09 PM

3,786 posts, read 5,329,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
If I had bought $1000 worth of bitcoin when it started, I would be a multimillionaire by now... if that is stupid or dangerous, then somebody's advice is wrong...
This is called 'hindsight bias'. Of course you'd be rich. And if you had invested $1 million in dogfooddelivery.com at the height of the dot.com boom you'd have lost it all.

So the question is: right now, what is the investment that you could do and become a multimillionaire? Right now. What is it? Make that investment right now and then let us know down the road how it worked out, okay?

Most angel investors figure that out of 20 companies they invest in, maybe 1 will hit a home run, 2 will be all right, and 17 will fail. So, yeah, give me a list of 20 brand new investment ideas which have just come on the market and tell me which of those 20 will hit a home run. I would invest in that one also. I am not interested in the 19 that won't make me super rich.

https://www.psychologicalscience.org...ight-bias.html

Last edited by Teak; 09-16-2017 at 12:18 PM..

Old 09-16-2017, 02:52 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
What Jamie is doing is called spreading FUD (Fear, uncertainty & doubt) to undermine the positions of Bitcoin which is already volatile, any negative news from US bank along with China will guarantee a good buying position for his Smart money gang all over the world and thats exactly whats happening. People who wanted to but at a discount have their trades locked in.
Or he just recognizes it for what it is.

Bitcoin isn't an investment, it's speculating. A majority of people are better suited looking elsewhere, and one should never have more then a couple percentage points of their net worth in it.

I don't see it growing much more than what it is today. With everything out there and the ability for people to just start new digital currencies they'll eventually just kill their market off.

The people rallying behind digital currencies are just like the gold bugs.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Or he just recognizes it for what it is.

Bitcoin isn't an investment, it's speculating. A majority of people are better suited looking elsewhere, and one should never have more then a couple percentage points of their net worth in it.

I don't see it growing much more than what it is today. With everything out there and the ability for people to just start new digital currencies they'll eventually just kill their market off.

The people rallying behind digital currencies are just like the gold bugs.
One of the Goldman Sach's subsidiary firms just purchased $636 million worth of bitcoins last week after Jamie Dimon accused Bitcoin of fraud. Interesting that these institutions don't wana use their parent company to do these transactions they are asking their clients to stay away because it is so volatile..

I do agree that lot of people see it as speculation...I personally am not one of them...

Old 09-18-2017, 08:14 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
One of the Goldman Sach's subsidiary firms just purchased $636 million worth of bitcoins last week after Jamie Dimon accused Bitcoin of fraud. Interesting that these institutions don't wana use their parent company to do these transactions they are asking their clients to stay away because it is so volatile..

I do agree that lot of people see it as speculation...I personally am not one of them...

Which subsidiary bought the bitcoins?

Old 09-18-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Which subsidiary bought the bitcoins?
I saw Twitter feed on weekend let me go find it. I
Here is the article about JP Morgan buying ETF for bitcoins in European exchanges

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/201...calling-fraud/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing