Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 07:40 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,297,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimat View Post
From biggest to smallest holding:

NEO
ETH
REQ
RPX
DBC
ICX
XMR
WTC
RDN
LSK
NAV
OMG
LRC
This is nice collection. Cant go wrong with the top 10 as well as WTC, ICX, RDN, NAV, LRC and OMG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
I've been hearing more about Wanchain and I'm heavy into Ethos. I love the concept of ETHOS
I need to load up more on the following. I have small positions but need more

ETHOS
WABI
VECHAIN
OST

Old 01-09-2018, 07:44 AM

Btw folks who havnt noticed yet but the next ETH is NEO and QTUM, just in case you missed the boat on the first one. These coins are following the exact same pattern as ETH.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuninja View Post
are they on Binance
BQX is same as ETHOS on binance. WANCHAIN is not there yet

Old 01-09-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkypeanut View Post
Yes I have ripple, purchased at 21 cents. Got substratum and neo very cheap also.
(I have others but too many to list)
It's all very interesting that's for sure.
Ripple is the coin everyone has but it doesnt excite anyone because its movements are really slow. Its the coin all newbies buy when they get into cryptos and compare it with BTC and think its going to rise like BTC and make them.over night millionaire. After 2 more months in crypto market they realize that XRP is not going anywhere and only moves sideways

Old 01-09-2018, 08:42 AM

317 posts, read 239,120 times
some of the one i have are
TRX
XVG,
SUB
POWR
WABI
QSP
ADA
XLM

Old 01-09-2018, 09:06 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,188,771 times
If you're new to this market, I would be hesitant to allocate any capital until we see what's going on with bitcoin. Personally, I see it going to at least $10,500, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Regardless, the market is heavily correlated to bitcoin, and a lot of leading figure heads warned of an impending bear market.

I don't know if any of that is true, but BTC is not looking good right now in my opinion. Also, I don't like how the market is moving up so high on such low volume, particularly since it has such high volatility.

The broader market also moves up with low volume often, but anytime volatility starts to rise, there are liquidity injections into the market in order to stabilize it and keep it moving up and keep the general public complacent.

I'm not sure that this market has that type of infrastructure. Actually, I'm sure it does to a certain extent based on my observations, but I don't know if they will save anyone in this market at this time.

I just wish BTC would hurry up and do something so we can all get back on with our lives.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:40 AM

This is the year of alt coins. BTC will move but not like last year because we have whales and institutions in the game. On the positive side it will make it more stable

Old 01-09-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuninja View Post
some of the one i have are
TRX
XVG,
SUB
POWR
WABI
QSP
ADA
XLM
I like your portfolio. I am holding all what you have. I would add IOTA, ICX, WTC or VECHAIN to make it the perfect portfolio.

If you bought these in the bottom with a decent investment you are all set to become millionaire soon...good luck to you.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
If you're new to this market, I would be hesitant to allocate any capital until we see what's going on with bitcoin. Personally, I see it going to at least $10,500, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Regardless, the market is heavily correlated to bitcoin, and a lot of leading figure heads warned of an impending bear market.

I don't know if any of that is true, but BTC is not looking good right now in my opinion. Also, I don't like how the market is moving up so high on such low volume, particularly since it has such high volatility.

The broader market also moves up with low volume often, but anytime volatility starts to rise, there are liquidity injections into the market in order to stabilize it and keep it moving up and keep the general public complacent.

I'm not sure that this market has that type of infrastructure. Actually, I'm sure it does to a certain extent based on my observations, but I don't know if they will save anyone in this market at this time.

I just wish BTC would hurry up and do something so we can all get back on with our lives.
Here is my understanding of markets in crypto world

1)Once BTC goes up, Alts go down
2)Once BTC goes down, Alts go down
3)Once BTC goes sideways, Alts go up

We are in scenario 3 currently but anytime scenario 3 can be converted into scenario 1 or 2. If one needs to be properly hedged, movement to Alts and fiat is absolutely necessary. Hence it is necessary to balance your portfolio with Alts. Investing just in bitcoin might be a good move very long term but not in midterm or short term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing