Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 08:26 AM

989 posts, read 2,497,762 times

Advertisements

He is on CNBC constantly, which is my drive time listening, and he's on all freaking day. It's nothing personal, but I cannot stand his voice. He furthermore dominates the conversation, is behind the curve on investments, is usually wrong, and likes the sound of his voice far too much. When he has the day off, I'm so happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 09:03 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,350,757 times
He and Larry Kudlow....blowhards, gave up listening to them years ago.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:46 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
He is on CNBC constantly, which is my drive time listening...
Change stations. Try NPR.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:25 PM

30,893 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
He is on CNBC constantly, which is my drive time listening, and he's on all freaking day. It's nothing personal, but I cannot stand his voice. He furthermore dominates the conversation, is behind the curve on investments, is usually wrong, and likes the sound of his voice far too much. When he has the day off, I'm so happy.
I got sick of him the first time I saw him. Just annoying.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:29 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
I havent seen his show in years

Old 12-20-2017, 12:45 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times
Cramer is all flash and no substance. If you buy based on his recommendation you will lose almost every time. I prefer the CNBC afternoon panel where they actually analyze and talk intelligently about stocks.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:05 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Love Cramer -- he makes stocks fun which is the way it should be.
As for the claims that his picks are no good - I would suggest otherwise -- his track record is likely as good as anyone else's out there. Some he gets right, some wrong.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:06 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times
He is entertaining. I will give you that.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:11 PM

110 posts, read 192,067 times
I personally love Cramer's energy! Who I can't stand is when they have Austan Goolsbee on. He is so blinded by his far left political views that his answers and opinions have ZERO credibility.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:20 PM

1,870 posts, read 1,900,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
As for the claims that his picks are no good - I would suggest otherwise -- his track record is likely as good as anyone else's out there. Some he gets right, some wrong.
I haven't found his advice to be bad.

Of course then I don't listen to a guy on TV and then spend my money blindly.

One of Cramer's mantras is "Buy and do homework." That rolls off the tongue better than Do homework and then buy if you still like it ...

There are people/sites that rate his recommendations and score him poorly. The problem with them is that they place the same weighting on something he mentions in passing and stuff like Apple and Salesforce he has pounded the table on for years.

Those ratings should be published on toilet paper.

I have heard names and stories on the show and done the research. With some, I've passed, but with others, I've purchased and done fine with. The thing is, the choice was on me. People that lose based on a showman's recommendation deserve to lose anyway.

Another of his mantras has been to NOT buy all at once ( once you have done your due diligence ). Also, don't chase and don't pay much attention to where a stock has been.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd522 View Post
I personally love Cramer's energy! Who I can't stand is when they have Austan Goolsbee on. He is so blinded by his far left political views that his answers and opinions have ZERO credibility.
Yup. The only question is going to be how long before he urinates me off?

He's just another government career guy who has never worked in the private sector who has gotten rich off the taxpayer ( like Bernie Sanders and lots of others ( conservative & liberal )).

Cramer's resume is deep and he has encyclopedic knowledge of the investment business. He's also well-educated in other areas such as the English language and history. He's not a dummy by any stretch.

I'll be the first to admit that his voice can be grating.

I also like to DVR the Off The Charts segment and watch it again six months later to see how bad//good the prediction was. A lot of chart "stuff" makes sense as it is simply an analysis of human behavior and other stuff is just stuff that the chartists are "seeing" -- like cloud animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing