Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 09:00 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
I'm laughing so hard tears are in my eyes. Here was you in the space of 48 hours about a week ago:

See what you did there? Like most who spend so much energy trying to manufacture a personae of expertise, you play both sides then crow to anyone who will listen about your wisdom. So here you are bragging about your wisdom on Chinese bonds when you said two things 180 degrees apart.

Now you're all caught up in this meta-victim thing, it's pathetic.
Dude, please go smash my post to pieces in that real estate thread. I want people to challenge my ideas, not bash my character.

I wish people would pick me apart. Often though, people don't even read what I present and then the make such a condescending argument. I felt like I recommended Chinese bonds way to cavalier before I thought about what had occurred in the past. I was just looking at trends and yields and then the rating given to it by US rating agencies, and I just thought, "what a investment, given the level of risk." You are correct that I didn't consider the actions of the Chinese government in the past, as it was long ago and I had forgotten about it.

I rescinded what I said when I was concerned that older people might be investing in something that might be unstable, so I felt compelled to immediately overturn my decision. I'm not an expert though. Like most people, I work, but I also got lucky. I got lucky in a lot of ways.

But please, pick things that I say apart. Break it down. Prove me wrong, but at least prove me wrong with some evidence because I source my material to the extent that this is an Internet forum where nobody provides sources, which is at least a start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 09:04 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Your character needs some bashing dude. You were actually bragging about your call on Chinese bonds when you said two completely different things in two days. You were already proven wrong with your comments about the stock market in April 2016, it's STILL way higher today.

Oh but of course despite your comments on the best moves in stock market you didn't actually do that, you had all your money in until a coupe days ago so now you're bragging that you just sold at the top. Yeah right.

Transparent.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I rescinded what I said when I was concerned that older people might be investing in something that might be unstable, so I felt compelled to immediately overturn my decision.
Hah so your ego is so drastically large that you think you're ruining people's lives by posting yet another Jobster random guy financial market regurgitation, which needed an immediate retraction for the vulnerable older people so they don't invest wrong on your citydata advice because you "forgot" about Chinese actions in the past? Jesus Christ dude get a grip. NOBODY is running their future based on Jobster's ever changing doomsday predictions, you have no liability issues there.

This is almost classic territory, I can't believe you really think like this.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Your character needs some bashing dude. You were actually bragging about your call on Chinese bonds when you said two completely different things in two days. You were already proven wrong with your comments about the stock market in April 2016, it's STILL way higher today.

Oh but of course despite your comments on the best moves in stock market you didn't actually do that, you had all your money in until a coupe days ago so now you're bragging that you just sold at the top. Yeah right.

Transparent.
Yawn.

You have a problem with me.

Do I have two girlfriends now or something?

What are you doing dude? You having a fit?

Old 02-09-2018, 02:53 AM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
Why do you assume that all of my assets are tied up in one market. If I believe something is overvalued, why is it unreasonable for me to seek out something that I believe is undervalued.

Instead, you make these assumptions about me. That's fine, as it doesn't affect me personally, but I have not changed my opinion about any of my predictions. I still believe the market was overvalued and it is likely that prices will correct down to perhaps, 2009 levels.

It is your choice what you decide to do at this time. But you're making a lot of assumptions about what I did when I exited my positions. I will say that I did suffer some losses in 2014 when I didn't quite understand how the market would react to QE. I bet the wrong direction for a little while on gold which was an amateur mistake that I don't think I would make anymore, since my strategy has adapted, and I also followed economic advisors into 2015 which gave a fundamental case for crude.

The opinion of the main advisor that I researched was also the economist for Andy Hall, and it made sense what he said from a fundamental perspective, but at the time, I did not realize how markets worked, so I had losses with oil as well. I have no problem admitting this.

I will say that I am not wrong fundamentally about oil. I don't care what the BS prices of oil is. Fundamentally, there is a strong case that oil should be much higher than it currently is. You see, I research things and I find out fundamental problems and I bring them to light in this forum so people can consider planning for this. When this doesn't occur in a certain time frame, people become complacent.

I can't accurately predict the future for everything, but I can assure you that in the time from April 2016 to 2017 that I am not displeased. I will not go into further detail about anything. If you don't respect that, I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't hurt my ego to have people assume things about me if they are not true. I don't really feel like I need to go into the reasons about why I don't share this information. I think my call of Chinese sovereign bonds was sufficient, don't you think? Why should you know anything else?

What information have you provided me of value?

If you bring up my posting history, you will see that I have consistency cited central banks responsibility in running up stock prices. I noticed how you conveniently left that out of your vicious character attack. This is important considering that the de-coupling of the stock market from central bank assets was the PRIMARY REASON that I called a top in the market.

But thank you for attempting to destroy my character. If it makes you feel better about yourself, than great. I'm happy for you, but at least be truthful. You say that I act boastful, yet you act as if you know everything and I am an imbecile as I tell you exactly what is going to happen to the market as it happens.
we don't believe you had any meaningful amount of assets in any investment , forget about one market

Old 02-09-2018, 04:52 AM

Quote:
You have a problem with me
When you're the guy who keeps thinking various posters have a problem with you it's time to start considering the possibility the problem is you, not everyone else. Think about it.

Quote:
What are you doing dude? You having a fit?
Having a laugh. I still can't believe the guy who called Chinese bonds two different ways within 48 hours went on to brag about his call on Chinese bonds a week later. You couldn't hire people to write stuff that funny.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
we don't believe you had any meaningful amount of assets in any investment , forget about one market
Well, maybe you guys should exchange numbers and go on a date. Mathjak, again, I thought we were past this. You just cost yourself an opportunity. You should learn to treat people better.

Just when I thought we were starting to build a positive relationship, you're still so insistent with your petty jealousy. It's very unbecoming of a person that represents himself otherwise. This is getting old though.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
You just cost yourself an opportunity
I'm amazed you lack the self-awareness to see how statements like this come off, especially the midst of wondering about everyone "ganging up on you". It's like jotucker-lite.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:56 AM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
Well, maybe you guys should exchange numbers and go on a date. Mathjak, again, I thought we were past this. You just cost yourself an opportunity. You should learn to treat people better.

Just when I thought we were starting to build a positive relationship, you're still so insistent with your petty jealousy. It's very unbecoming of a person that represents himself otherwise. This is getting old though.
you are in an investing forum where people come to learn about investing .not to learn negativity from someone with visions of doom in their head for years now as well as has no investing experience making meaningful money either.

like we said nothing personal but most of these doomsday predictions should really be in the economic section in my opinion . not here . but that is up to the moderators to decide what is appropriate in what forum . had anyone actually believed any of this stuff you think and did not invest based on it they would be a whole lot poorer since 2016 when you stated markets should be avoided .

saying it is going to rain every day of your life helps no one judge what to wear .

Last edited by mathjak107; 02-09-2018 at 07:09 AM..

Old 02-09-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
you are in an investing forum where people come to learn about investing .not to learn negativity from someone with visions of doom in their head for years now as well as has no investing experience making meaningful money either.

like we said nothing personal but most of these doomsday predictions should really be in the economic section in my opinion . not here . but that is up to the moderators to decide what is appropriate in what forum .
Dude, I called the exact top.

This is you:

Seriously, why are you mad? Please, stop talking to me if this is going to be the conversation. I don't care. You're making things up about me. It's getting old and boring.

Really, just ask them to ban me if you can't stand me. Honestly, I don't care that much. I waste time on here anyway. Everyone just repeats the same thing on here that I could find out of a textbook. I'm not really interested in that type of conversation anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing