Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2019, 10:24 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
He doesn’t influence the market. It’s annoying then you don’t have the right AA.
If you can brag when the market goes up, be prepared to accept the fact that it might go down. It’s up to the market. Nothing anybody says here will sway the market one way or the other.
Of course not. I did not imply in any way shape or form that they could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019, 10:35 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Of course not. I did not imply in any way shape or form that they could.
“ Effing annoying”, your post says it all.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:46 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,645 times
Default One Thing I know for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Elliot Waves, Bollinger bands, Fibonacci retracement, dma resistance levels, wedge pattern, hangman, head and shoulders, cup and handle, doji etc etc

Is this just a bunch of hocus pocus trying to analyze a market that is in essence largely irrational or is there some predictabilty that can be established by Technical analysis.

A broker (can include mutual funds) is in business to make money. They take a cut from managing your retirement/investments and when you buy/sell stuff. They right away start using arcane lingo that makes you feel stupid, then you wonder "Who communicates like this?"

One thing I am sure about, they are NOT fiduciaries (so can't be sued unless for fraud) and if they screw up and cost you money, so long as they make "scientific" investments, they have covered their a**.

It's not a question what you know (unless you are an insider trader) but when you executes the trades. Buy high, sell low. Most stock trading is done with computers using algorithms without human intervention to make a percent of a penny profit.

I have never heard of a break-out technical analyst who has long term predicted the market.. Have you?

Old 05-23-2019, 10:46 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,788,932 times
Quote:
Do you know how effing annoying and disturbing it is to most people to read your continuous posts like that? Many people are retiring very soon. So stop publicly wishing for the financial devastation of others. Please.
Your outlook is rather naive... a crash is going to happen sooner or later, that is just the nature of markets. Are you of the opinion that the market will just keep going up and it will never ever crash?

If you selected the proper asset allocation and correct glide path you shouldn't be "financially devastated" by a major correction or even a crash.

Also, your personal situation is not "most people"... not everyone is retiring but then again not everyone has had enough money in the 400% prior bull market. There are a lot of different people in the markets.

And yes, I wish for a crash now and a subsequent recovery rather than going sideways for the next 5 years and then having a crash or worse going parabolic and then a 60% pullback and Great Recession version 2.0. The higher the markets go the harder they will fall in the future. Dismiss that fact at your own risk.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:49 AM

7,453 posts, read 4,686,150 times
Relax guys. The market is down but it's barely down. Just 4.5% -- a healthy correction underway. And it's not like it is catching everyone by surprise as this has been a month long process already, unlike in 4Q 2018 where a week basically wipes off 10%.

So what, at the rate we are going, the market will be down 9% total by end-June. Maybe 10% in mid-July. Nothing to fret about.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
“ Effing annoying”, your post says it all.
You don’t read well then.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Your outlook is rather naive... a crash is going to happen sooner or later, that is just the nature of markets. Are you of the opinion that the market will just keep going up and it will never ever crash?

If you selected the proper asset allocation and correct glide path you shouldn't be "financially devastated" by a major correction or even a crash.

Also, your personal situation is not "most people"... not everyone is retiring but then again not everyone has had enough money in the 400% prior bull market. There are a lot of different people in the markets.

And yes, I wish for a crash now and a subsequent recovery rather than going sideways for the next 5 years and then having a crash or worse going parabolic and then a 60% pullback and Great Recession version 2.0. The higher the markets go the harder they will fall in the future. Dismiss that fact at your own risk.
My outlook is FAR from naive. I just think you seem to be on this forum just for one reason...and it’s tiresome. You made an erroneous assumption that this has anything to do with MY personal situation.

Old 05-23-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
You don’t read well then.
I read it well, you are annoying. You just can’t control yourself. It’s only 5% down.

Old 05-23-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
My outlook is FAR from naive. I just think you seem to be on this forum just for one reason...and it’s tiresome. You made an erroneous assumption that this has anything to do with MY personal situation.
You can ignore his posts. He made erroneous assumption, he will pay dearly for it. Why are you effing annoying.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:15 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Hindenburg omen triggered on the NYSE this week. It was last triggered in October.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/hindenburgomen.asp

New 52-week lows are expanding while the 52-week highs are also quite high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing