Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 01:51 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Back up the truck and load up on Dunkin Donuts at around $60 a share....

Starbucks is in for a world of hurt....
First of all their coffee is too darn expensive
Second their politics are way too liberal
Third they made the wrong call to close down all of their stores on May 29th for "racial training". No reason for it! A bad management decision to call the police on those guys was kicked upstairs to the corporate executives, who in very predicable fashion, made an even worse decision, turning this into a black vs white issue - when it wasn't.

Booyah
Starbucks current troubles will blow over in the next few news cycles. And as far as being "liberal," how many years have cons been complaining about that? Starbuck's reaction to this event, closing stores for training AND a quick and imediate appology; along with firing a jack-oss manager. They are smelling good in my book. On the other hand, each time I have had their coffee, I thought it was far too bitter. Anyway, these are no reasons to run to DD.

Besides, I couldn't tell you the last time I had a great tasting FRESH dunkin donut after 11:30 AM and by afternoon, they are hard little fat pills.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 04-18-2018 at 02:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 02:50 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times
Quote:
Dunkin's lines are almost continuously long, day after day, and have been for quite a while in my area. I can't speak for other areas, of course. 20 years? I'd say they will be around for 100 - just like McDonalds. Starbucks will be around as well - but I do see them as having peaked and on the decline. IMO a stock like DNKN is a safe bet at this market stage.
McDonalds has only been around for 63 years. My wild guess is both DD and SBUX will get bought out by AMZN lol

Old 04-18-2018, 02:54 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
The reason Dunkin Donuts don't taste as good to some people, is because they don't deep fry them as much as Krispy Kreme and other places do. I like Dunkin Donuts because I don't get the mouth full of grease that I do with other donuts.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:21 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The reason Dunkin Donuts don't taste as good to some people, is because they don't deep fry them as much as Krispy Kreme and other places do. I like Dunkin Donuts because I don't get the mouth full of grease that I do with other donuts.
Krispy Kremes make me sick, I don't even know where to get them fresh anymore. The only places that sell them are grocery stores and connivence stores, and I don't trust that they are fresh. Seriously, I have never bought them, but a lot of people do seem to love them and whenever I do have one, I don't feel good. I don't like Dunkin Donuts either, maybe a year ago I got a coupon for a free dozen, sure I ate them all, but I'd never buy them. A also don't drink coffee... but Dunkin Donuts stores look good, way better then they did even just a decade ago, and they must be doing something right, because they always seem busy when I drive past.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:51 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
I go to DD probably 8 times for everyone 1 time I go to Starbucks. And I for one, am done with Starbucks as a result of this ridiculous Philly issue. Too far left, they are.

It says here that it's an easy ride for DNKN up to $70.
By that logic I guess I should lay off my conservative employees in the morning... Sucks to be them I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
To use an appropriate analogy based on OP's alias, there will always be a market for Budweiser, etc. even though many today prefer a good craft beer.

I gotta give props to DD for reinventing themselves over the years. IMO, they were fading away ~20 years ago, but today they have made a resurgence with their new food/drink offerings. They also have a nice app that you can use to pay with and it gives rewards (perks).

I like Starbucks too, but usually only when I need a real kick in the pants!
Everyone knows today Budweiser is a foreign beer, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyShark View Post
LOL I just drink instant coffee when I'm at home.

DD is more popular on the east coast and SBUX is more popular on the west coast. I know DD just got a new creative advertising agency and they're constantly trying to keep up with being relevant. I think both companies are here to stay for at least the next 20 years but I personally wouldn't put my investing dollars into either.
Bout as east coast as it can get where I am and SBUX are opening all over, DD stores are old and new facelifts.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:14 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,199,428 times
The police arrested the two black men for no reason at all. Disgusting!

I go to Starbucks and love their coffee. I use the Pike K-cups at home.

However, I think they do need to train their staff to not racial profile.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:48 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macyny View Post
The police arrested the two black men for no reason at all. Disgusting!

I go to Starbucks and love their coffee. I use the Pike K-cups at home.

However, I think they do need to train their staff to not racial profile.

Let me correct you. They were not arrested for "no reason at all". They were arrested because they were 1. hanging around / loitering 2. not buying anything and 3. didn't listen to the police.

A white person would have had the same thing happen to them -- so it's not a racial issue. And for all we know - these guys wanted to stir up trouble, get some publicity, and make the cops look bad. We simply don't know their motives.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:42 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
^ I don't know the whole story because I honestly don't care (much ado about nothing IMO), but sounds like number 3 is where they really went wrong. If the police ask you to do something, politely comply! ~95% of the issues we hear about are the result of people simply not complying with police orders.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:51 AM

106,658 posts, read 108,810,853 times
I agree . Most of us go our entire lives with no run in with the law because we comply .

Even as a teen we were searched all the time in the 1970's and we had zero issues emptying our pockets .

On another note flam we are on vacation in bermuda and as a true musician i have my sticks ,travel pad and metronome with me . My wife wants to beat me with them lol. But i don't want to loose any time now that i am being coached by that well known drummer . Gotta keep working on those chops. I can' t d/m with my nook .

Old 04-19-2018, 05:32 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
DD is like heroin in the North East, many addicts. There is no cure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing