Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 08:04 AM

524 posts, read 361,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyShark View Post
LOL I just drink instant coffee when I'm at home.

DD is more popular on the east coast and SBUX is more popular on the west coast. I know DD just got a new creative advertising agency and they're constantly trying to keep up with being relevant. I think both companies are here to stay for at least the next 20 years but I personally wouldn't put my investing dollars into either.
LOL....I didn't even think they still made instant coffee anymore.....now with the Keurig thingy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 08:38 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebird98 View Post
LOL....I didn't even think they still made instant coffee anymore.....now with the Keurig thingy.
We have friends who usually drink instant coffee. Their daughter bought them a Keurig for Christmas a few years ago. After trying it a few times, they went back to instant coffee and the Keurig just sits in a corner gathering dust.

As for me, I have Corning percolator that is working on my morning coffee at this moment. Have had it over 30 years and perfectly satisfied with it. Never been a fan of Starbucks coffee but lived near a Dunkin in Florida and went over there now and then

Last edited by JRR; 04-22-2018 at 08:47 AM..

Old 04-22-2018, 09:58 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. IMO the Starbucks decision to close down on May 29th, nationwide, might rank up there with "New Coke" as one of the dumber management decisions of all time. It won't hurt them in NYC or Boston or California, but I think they are going to get very hurt in flyover country.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:25 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Just my opinion, but maybe not everyone is mired so deep in the "us vs them" politics that it even impacts where they buy their coffee. I may not be fond of the politics of the Chick-fil-A owners, but I still like the salad I got from there for lunch yesterday.

Old 04-22-2018, 06:57 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
I'm not religious and am pro gay marriage and love Chic fil A. Every year I get two Xmas calendars with coupons.

Old 04-23-2018, 05:19 AM

553 posts, read 616,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Krispy Kremes make me sick, I don't even know where to get them fresh anymore. The only places that sell them are grocery stores and connivence stores, and I don't trust that they are fresh. Seriously, I have never bought them, but a lot of people do seem to love them and whenever I do have one, I don't feel good. I don't like Dunkin Donuts either, maybe a year ago I got a coupon for a free dozen, sure I ate them all, but I'd never buy them. A also don't drink coffee... but Dunkin Donuts stores look good, way better then they did even just a decade ago, and they must be doing something right, because they always seem busy when I drive past.
There's nothing like getting a Krispy Kreme doughnut fresh from a KK store. With the grocery store ones, eight seconds in the microwave can get them somewhat close, but they're just not the same.

Krispy Kremes at room temperature that have been sitting around for a day or longer are not very good IMO.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:40 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,794,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I would choose Starbucks over Dunkin Donuts in a heart beat both as a customer and shareholder.

Dunkin Donuts will turn into Blockbuster IMO down the road.
DD coffee is far superior. SB coffee has as least twice as much caffeine as other brands. It's wiring. Their pastry offerings are usually stale and I don't doubt frequently beyond their do-not-sell date.

DD jelly donuts are the best. Up the with the finest strudels and brioches.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:41 AM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Anyone who would have read my posting a year or so back, urging a strong buy on MasterCard, when it was $87 a share --- has been nicely rewarded. Do you want to re-think your statement?
what about your prediction on ge ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
It's starting to look quite reasonable at this level. If it hits $17.50 I am in for sure.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
what about your prediction on ge ?
I was wrong on GE but don't forget that I also later posted that I wasn't going to buy any because there were too many unknowns and that there were better investments out there.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:40 AM

Protesters: Starbucks didn't do enough
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/protesters...opstories.html

LOL @ the stupidity of Starbucks management --- DNKN to $70.... you heard it here first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing