Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2018, 10:03 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
Put your money where your mouth is and short the stock! You are SURE to make some serious money fast! LOL
But you won't do that, now, would ya?
It’s easier for people to sit sidelines so they can’t be held accountable...

TSLA goes bankrupt this year, “See I told you, I knew this would happen!”

TSLA does well this year, “Well I never said to short it!”

With that being said, I’m just in TSLA for short term, hoping to see a pop. Funadementally, its way over valued, but that doesn’t really matter these days. I love the product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 11:58 AM

2,168 posts, read 3,386,523 times
Add another executive departure to the list: Matthew Schwall, Director of Field Performance Engineering. He was Tesla's chief performance and safety liaison with the NHTSA and NTSB and had been with Tesla since 2014. He is joining Waymo's autonomy team.

Tesla executive joins self-driving car venture Waymo

And as Matt Schwall departs, another autopilot-equipped Tesla slammed into a firetruck this weekend at 60 mph. The fire truck was waiting at a red light. No brakes were applied before impact.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ght/605429002/

Last edited by mustang84; 05-13-2018 at 12:06 PM..

Old 05-13-2018, 12:13 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,297,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
Add another executive departure to the list: Matthew Schwall, Director of Field Performance Engineering. He was Tesla's chief performance and safety liaison with the NHTSA and NTSB and had been with Tesla since 2014. He is joining Waymo's autonomy team.

Tesla executive joins self-driving car venture Waymo

And as Matt Schwall departs, another autopilot-equipped Tesla slammed into a firetruck this weekend at 60 mph. The fire truck was waiting at a red light. No brakes were applied before impact.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ght/605429002/
Welcome to silicone valley. People jump ship often. Tesla is not an easy place to work from what I hear. The boss is demanding.

And from the time this thread started about 10 days ago, about 1100 have died in car crashes across the US but nobody seems to care or notice the car manufacturers involved.....

Old 05-13-2018, 01:15 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,583,182 times
Quote:
Welcome to silicone valley. People jump ship often. Tesla is not an easy place to work from what I hear. The boss is demanding.

And from the time this thread started about 10 days ago, about 1100 have died in car crashes across the US but nobody seems to care or notice the car manufacturers involved.....

Both of these are just more excuses. Given how much you have invested in Tesla it’s no wonder you blindly excuse their issues but you might be better served to either reduce exposure or at least recognize reality.

The numbers of deaths nationwide in automobile accidents is your purposeful or ignorant distraction from the issues with Tesla’s autopilot system

Old 05-13-2018, 01:33 PM

5,907 posts, read 4,430,666 times
Quote:

And shouldn’t that have you concerned as an investor? Instead of dismissing all negative, you may be wise to take note at how the public perception could be a huge problem.

Old 05-13-2018, 01:36 PM

2,340 posts, read 2,665,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Both of these are just more excuses. Given how much you have invested in Tesla it’s no wonder you blindly excuse their issues but you might be better served to either reduce exposure or at least recognize reality.

The numbers of deaths nationwide in automobile accidents is your purposeful or ignorant distraction from the issues with Tesla’s autopilot system
Seems every time I hear about a problem with the autopilot system, it turns out to not be a problem. Closest thing to a problem was when the guy in California drove into a barrier and killed himself. And in that case, he ignored repeated requests from the autopilot system to take back control of the car.

Old 05-13-2018, 01:43 PM

2,340 posts, read 2,665,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Can they raise another $6 billion capital by the end of the year? If the answer is no, what remains of TSLA will be parted and sold, like a wrecking yard sedan after a bad collision. Place your bets.
Musk says Tesla will not need to raise money this year.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newporttom View Post
Musk says Tesla will not need to raise money this year.
Musk said the same thing several times in the past, and every time ended up raising money shortly afterward. You can't take him at his word.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:52 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,583,182 times
Quote:
Seems every time I hear about a problem with the autopilot system, it turns out to not be a problem. Closest thing to a problem was when the guy in California drove into a barrier and killed himself. And in that case, he ignored repeated requests from the autopilot system to take back control of the car.

I’m the case you cite could the autopilot system not slow the car down and or brake?

Old 05-13-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
These videos speak for themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2ml6sjk_8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QCF8tVqM3I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2pDFjIvrIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G98t7noOj68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc0yYJ8-Dyo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing