Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 08:56 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times

Advertisements

Treasury is issuing mostly short-term bills in order to avoid pushing up 10- and 30-year yields. There is some issuance of 3- and 10-year notes this week, probably to be settled in two weeks. The flood of t-bills has been pushing up short-term interest rates faster than the Fed. The other thing about the different maturities is that the very short-term bills require very little margin to hold, perhaps none at the shortest maturities, which may facilitiate the market to absorb more supply.

There was supposed to be a flood of new debt this fiscal year. We will see in the second half of the year whether this pushes up the supply and whether the Treasury has been buying down some of the debt due to receipts of corp tax cut payments or the cash buildup in February.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 09:00 AM

106,668 posts, read 108,810,853 times
in any case all that counts is that we have buyers . interest rates will level out like water and seek their own level based on so many things . all we need is a gdp hit and rates will crumble like a cheap suit .

the most successful investors are the ones that don't give a rats butt about predicting all this stuff and reacting .

my daughter in-law works for one of the most famous hedge fund managers in the world . their predicting has been for crap. they closed one of their largest funds and gave investors back their money after repeated attempts to out guess things . the last 15 years my record blew theirs away .

Old 06-11-2018, 10:46 AM

18,079 posts, read 15,664,302 times
I never understand the focus on what other people will do, should do, or any of that. Who cares what someone else decides when it comes to their investments? There is plenty of information available to assist all kinds of investors from the occasional investor up to the swing and day trader types.

If someone wants to merely dip their toes into a market, so what? Or if someone else wants to go all-in and ride the waves, again so what? I don't see why it matters.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:52 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,160,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
the last 15 years my record blew theirs away .
A Mathjak special

Old 06-11-2018, 12:16 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,300,748 times
Quote:
you can look at it any way you want but if you are expressing it to others here then it becomes a meaningless statement when not used in the standardized format everyone here talks in terms of . saying you are 100% equities turns you in to a very aggressive investor by any of the yardsticks we all use here and nothing could be farther from the case , you are ultra conservative based on what you expressed to us .

it makes as little sense to us as having a million bucks and buying one stock for 2000 bucks and calling it 100% equities . it just loses all context of how things are judged here . sure his maximum dollars he wants to allocate to stocks are 2k and since he put all 2k in stock he is saying he is 100% equities but that would a pretty silly way to express it to others .

you may as well not even express your allocation to us if it is in any other format as it is meaningless to us as far as what you are doing .

This is your opinion and ONLY your opinion.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I never understand the focus on what other people will do, should do, or any of that. Who cares what someone else decides when it comes to their investments? There is plenty of information available to assist all kinds of investors from the occasional investor up to the swing and day trader types.

If someone wants to merely dip their toes into a market, so what? Or if someone else wants to go all-in and ride the waves, again so what? I don't see why it matters.
I agree. It's absurd to tell someone else the way you do things/view things is the only way. We haven't accumulated the level of assets we have by listening and following advice from people like this.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
A Mathjak special
NOPE , can't take credit , i just use the fidelity insight models . just a sheeple .

Old 06-11-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post

it isn't a question of what they should do . it is only a question of how the information they want us to have is presented to us .if you are going to bother giving us details on allocation than it should be in a format we all understand , not some particular way you care to view it that means nothing to us

having but a small part of one's invest able assets in equities but calling it 100% equities would never be the way anyone else here would present it nor would it mean anything to us .

Last edited by mathjak107; 06-11-2018 at 12:42 PM..

Old 06-11-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
it isn't a question of what they should do . it is only a question of how the information they want us to have is presented to us .if you are going to bother giving us details on allocation than it should be in a format we all understand , not some particular way you care to view it that means nothing to us

having but a small part of one's invest able assets in equities but calling it 100% equities would never be the way anyone else here would present it nor would it mean anything to us .
You have repeatedly asked for details, regarding our portfolio allocation %s, which for the most part, I have not provided. I REPEAT: it is absolutely absurd for you to think that your way is the only way.

Last edited by Lizap; 06-11-2018 at 05:33 PM..

Old 06-11-2018, 05:10 PM

no i am not asking for details . i am only saying if you are going to tell us your planned allocation which you did ,stating it the way you did is meaningless to us . you are not 100% equities by any yardstick other than your own . so why bother expressing that to us , unless it is expressed in the traditional manner which is a percentage of total invest able assets why bring it up , it has no meaning for any of us here expressed that way .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing