Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 03:29 AM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times

Advertisements

my son sold his home in scarsdale ny in one day . he got flooded with offers right up intil the 2nd day it was on the market .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 11:09 AM

7,650 posts, read 4,599,879 times
I want to sell a home and just deleverage some others. We're bubbly in the Valley again in terms of real estate. Yes, there's huge economic stimulas driving it, but at the end of the day the pricing has ripped through what even a dual professional income family can easily afford. The second those dual income families lose one of their incomes....it's going to be bad. Lot of forced selling in those new developments.

Nothing shady about the loans this time....everyone can afford it now, while they both have six figure jobs. It's just if one of them loses a job....jobs held with the thousand money losing start-ups that can't survive a year without additional funding... Who is to say the Valley comes back again? It's not like most have long strong roots to the area.

However, I'd also say that's a largely local phenomenon. Plus I'm not seeing families overextending themselves to buy home after home after home after home. Everyone decided to buy one home and play it safe....and those home prices have gone through the roof. Everyone that bought in the recession is looking at 250-600% gains since then. That's crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing